Decision time
    Stay at home or get a job

job idea makes me sick to my stomach and no one wants to be around me when I'm thinking about doing it.

but could really use the money after whats happened the last few months and can't really wait. Need to decide now.

for money or for happiness

tough call
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Go for for money > for happiness. Life is finite, and not to be wasted in other people's companies if at all avoidable.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Popdawg, whatever energy you put out will pay off where you focus.

Would you rather put that energy into someone elses business or your own?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Sorry to hear that Popdawg. You see more and more affiliates having to do the same.
    It seems that the business is slowing down and I don't know if it's your economy down there or just a sign of the times. Maybe it's just a lull because of the price of energy and interest rates on the move. I think the whole retail industry is slowing down and that's not good. People are watching their spending on a whole.
    Good Luck finding a job.

Can you grab a few temporary jobs through an agency to hold you until Christmas shopping season?

ABW Ambassador
    I feel for you - the thought of ever working for someone else again makes me fee nauseated.

I like the temp idea - it could tide you over while things (hopefully) pick up.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    I think the whole retail industry is slowing down and that's not good. People are watching their spending on a whole.
    Our industry is growing faster than any overall economic indicators are moving in any direction. This moment of negativity here has nothing to do with any affiliates success or failure.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Can you grab a few temporary jobs through an agency to hold you until Christmas shopping season?
    Great idea! You might be one project away from escaping employment forever. Find a way to stretch your time to see if you can complete your escape. We all go through up and downs - and the downs definitely suck hard. I sock away money like crazy waiting for the next one in my quiver of sites I've built. I now view evaluating risk as a key to all decisions I make - I place it ahead of roi, gross profit and other hard money facets. I don't want to be rich, I want to stay free.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    but could really use the money after whats happened the last few months and can't really wait. Need to decide now.
    What is it that happened? (If you already posted about it, point me there and sorry I didn't connect the dots to it.)

If I understand the problem you're having and think I can help you, I'll do it.

ABW Ambassador
    popdawg:

You might find work right here @ ABW as a content writer or link builder, etc.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Pop - druthers aside, you will do what you need to do to keep the income coming in. The thought of the alternatives is not our favorite thing to think about, but when bottom line time is here - human nature takes over.

The market will begin picking up starting about 6 weeks from now, so if you have some good things to offer, your bottom line will pick up. In the meantime, nothing wrong with having an outside income source while you reboot your biz.

Ups and downs are an inescapable part of business. That is why I have stressed so much - how important it is to tuck away money when revenues are up. Then when downturns happen you don't miss a lick.

Good luck to you - hang in there and make it work for you!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Thanks everyone.
    Been doing some sole searching .... sole ... shoes ... notorious am market ... sigh.
    I've been doing some soul searching and decided to do the following.
    Plan A)
    I am applying for a position with a company through a friend I know. If I get this position, it's something I will have to stick with for a couple of years but I'll make pretty decent money in that duration.
    What this also means is that for that year or two, I will have a set income regardless of AM and this will allow me to do something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Start over.

I have some good domains but they are old crappy sites that it's just too much work to rework. By cleaning them off and starting from scratch, I can now do them right
    Also, this will let me put the money I make off my company completely back into my company to grow it.

Plan B) Get a couple of temp gigs and use them to tide me over till the fall.
    Then in a more limited way do the above.

if all else fails, I'll go with

Plan C) Status Quo ... stomach ulcer ... nervous breakdown ... professional care provided by our lovely Canadian healthcare system until the fall and then ... well again with the limited way above.

This has been good for me. It's been so long since I sat down and took the time to go over everything from my goals/wants/needs and desires.

thanks for your input everyone
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Popdawg, we all must do what we must do to take care of ourselves and those who depend on us no matter how distasteful. If that means a job, then, that is what it means.

I am so sorry that you are in this position and call upon the deities to spare me. It is looking bad here as well. I feel your pain in a real way.

I have some new ideas and have made it up with a former merchant that I have sorely, sorely missed. (He ran behind paying but says his problems are resolved, now.) But, if that does not turn the tide back, I may just remove my sites and rebuild, too.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

@ popdawg, iv been working my ass off for Flora2000, there have been a lot of changes that i have made for the affiliate program. Now its finally getting a boost upwards, sales are increasing marginally but steady, so is the conversion.

But my pay isnt gr8 and there isnt any appreciation flowing in. I have already seen the benefits of doing ur own thing by looking at you guys and some of my affiliates. I get paid alright compared to Indian standards but i know the grass is greener on the otherside so iv already begun to step into the affiliates shoes.

You really dont want to work for someone else, its not really fun ur just going to put your self in a very stressful position. All the best, for whatever choice you make!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread