Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Leader - about goodbulbs
    Thought of sending you a PM first, but then decided against it. This would be an interesting public topic should you be willing to share the information.

I noticed in your signature, you have mentioned "Datafeed and Content affiliates both welcome!"

I'm just curious - who converts better for you, the datafeeders or content affiliates? I am curious because of the kind of products you are selling on goodbulbs, I'm not an affiliate yet mainly because my websites are shopping resources, and I am not sure if my traffic will want to buy your prouducts from there, they seem more likely to sell if recommended from a gardening blog or something.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm going to move this to the GoodBulbs forum after I type this post.
    I'm just curious - who converts better for you, the datafeeders or content affiliates?
    The ones who do best use the SAS Make-A-Page, and don't clutter the sales page up with content. The performance of Make-A-Page pages has surpassed my expectations in a big way.

Whether there is content elsewhere on the site doesn't seem to matter. Make-A-Page pages do well on sites with no content at all, and on sites with lots.

On non-make-a-page sites, the datafeeders do best--when they use a decent layout.
    It's a fallacy that feed pages can't rank. Some of them rank quite well. But, without the right layout, it's wasted traffic. The viewers like a nice homey and natural feel, not a template that looks like it was recycled from some auto parts site.

As for a gardening blog, I've got a couple in the program, but they don't seem to be getting enough traffic yet to be able to figure how well the concept would really work.

I noticed in your signature, you have mentioned "Datafeed and Content affiliates both welcome!"
    That's there because my posts about c*ntent caused content affs to stay away, and I just wanted to make sure that content-site people knew I wouldn't auto-decline them simply for being content sites. But so far, I haven't seen anything that would cause me to rethink my opinions of nonsales content.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Oops, didn't notice there was a dedicated goodbulbs forum.

Thanks for replying, that was insightful ... I guess I am joining your program today and will do something about it this month

hehe, I was wondering why you actualy wrote "content" there in your signature and not c*ntent . nice to see you using the right spelling again
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread