Exclamation Fraudulent Transactions
    I was recently notified by my Brookstone AM at CJ about a fraudulent transaction. I was already a little bit worried about two other transactions through Red Envelope and Spilsbury last week. They just struck me as odd because they were $900 purchases by people who just joined by incentive site and have not done anything else.

So I started looking really closely tonight and see that they same member ID who made the Brookstone $600 purchase made a Red Envelope purchase on the same day for the same amount.

Two questions: 1) Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the affiliate managers for Spilsbury (which is not with CJ now) and Red Envelope? I cannot find contact information from them anywhere.

2) Why would these people be hitting Red Envelope? It cannot just be coincidence to have two such huge orders through there and one be by a fraudulent member.

3) Okay...I guess I have a third as well! Is there any place to post these fraudulent members so that others can keep an eye out for them as well? I'm only going to be out about $50, but the merchants could be out a lot more if they keep getting away with this.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Tax Paying Member
    I think that Red Envelope is also on Performics, if that helps in any way.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Is there a place in Performics to find contact information for the affiliate managers? I can't seem to find any.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    I was recently notified by my Brookstone AM at CJ about a fraudulent transaction. I was already a little bit worried about two other transactions through Red Envelope and Spilsbury last week. They just struck me as odd because they were $900 purchases by people who just joined by incentive site and have not done anything else.

So I started looking really closely tonight and see that they same member ID who made the Brookstone $600 purchase made a Red Envelope purchase on the same day for the same amount.

Two questions: 1) Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the affiliate managers for Spilsbury (which is not with CJ now) and Red Envelope? I cannot find contact information from them anywhere.

2) Why would these people be hitting Red Envelope? It cannot just be coincidence to have two such huge orders through there and one be by a fraudulent member.

3) Okay...I guess I have a third as well! Is there any place to post these fraudulent members so that others can keep an eye out for them as well? I'm only going to be out about $50, but the merchants could be out a lot more if they keep getting away with this.
    Sorry you boxed yourself in by putting up an "incentive" site. There are no known affiliate trickster scumbags worse then the mass of affiliates playing the incentive game. Since the birth of CPC, and CJ, the "incenters" were the root cause of all the commission con-games. The most ethical ones are Brand name Adwhore posing as merchants like eBates, WhenU, Gator, Upromise, Iwon... adnausium... adnausium
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ya know what, I've sat around and listened to people trash incentive sites ad nauseum because I was the "new kid on the block." But it's time that I stand up for myself.

Do you want to know why I started an incentive site? (or would you rather just trash it?) Once upon a time, I was scraping by for everything that I had. I only bought groceries one week because I won lottery tickets in a contest on the radio and scratched off about 20 bucks from it. It sucked. But I was in college and trying to make it on my own. So I signed up for Mypoints and every other site that I could find just to make a few dollars here and there. I read every email that they sent and tried every offer that I could. I took every survey that they let me take. And I saved up my points to cash out for $10 gift cards so that I could give them to my family for Christmas.

Once I got onto the web and started learning more about those sites and how they did it, I was determined that I could do it better and help people who are now in the same boat that I was--whether they are stay-at-home moms or college kids or whatever. And I do it fairly and ethically. I stay in constant contact with my affiliate managers to make sure that I am not breaking any rules. (You can ask Andy--my very first message to him about Intelliflix was whether it would be okay to incentivize the signups). I never hide the ball with my advertisers OR my members. I pay out my members as fast as I can (before I even get the money myself) and I answer questions openly when asked. I even tell them which offers I would sign up for myself and which I would not. Yes, I make money off of it. But we're not even in the black $5000 yet after 6 months because we continue to try to be fair to our members and reinvest in them with games, contests, and better tracking.

Different strokes for different strokes, man. You may not like incentive sites because of other sites in the past. But it doesn't mean that I don't deserve the respect of having my questions answered on here just like everyone else.

Tricia

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    Is there a place in Performics to find contact information for the affiliate managers? I can't seem to find any.

Sorry that I can't help with the information that you need.

I applaud your principles. We need more.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    Red Envelope / RedEnvelopeAffiliates[at]performics.com
    Spilsbury / SpilsburyAffiliates[at]performics.com

Don't worry about Mike. His intentions are good, his targetting is off sometimes.

There is a thread stickied to the top of this forum with a bunch more email addys:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53918

Thanks, Trust. I want to jump on this before those orders get shipped.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread