ABW Ambassador
    CJ Violating Disney World Trademark
    CJ has a new Advertiser listed as "DisneyWorld Vacation Getaway." There is no such company. The website address is FloridaVacationStation.com. The actual company is Island One Resorts which sells timeshares and is not affiliated with Disney World.

Who are we?
    Florida Vacation Station is the travel agency division of Island One Resorts in Orlando, Florida. We offer affordable Florida vacation packages in our own Club Navigo resorts and partner resorts and hotels in the heart of Orlando's theme park and attractions area.
    http://www.floridavacationstation.com/AboutUs.aspx

We should have Disney send CJ a DMCA

I wouldn't want to put up their links until I had some real assurance they had the right to use the Disney name for that purpose.

I quickly applied to it thinking that it was a Disney company, so after I figure out that is not related to Disney Brand.

At least someone in CJ should not allow the company to the use of Disney, name description there.

I shot off a AAQ to CJ on this. Let's see how long it takes to get a response.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I keep getting the impression that quality control on new merchants at CJ is slipping...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    This is an old school tactic at valueclick. Plenty of valueclick/fastclick advertisers use misleading names for their campaigns on the ad selection page (they have actually gotten better about this, but it still happens).

because you know... the sign of quality is lying out your ass.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The sign of quality is lying out your ass.
    Brilliant! Let's get that on a t-shirt or ten and get it seen at CJU. I'll make it on CP and put it up for sale at no markup if anyone wants to buy it. Post here if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I shot off a AAQ to CJ on this. Let's see how long it takes to get a response.
    Good luck on that one. Still waiting on them to add new merchants to my datafeed list after I fired off a request to AAQ 3 weeks ago.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Exclamation CJ is NOT violating Disney World Trademark
    All,

Thanks for firing off those AAQ's to CJ about this. The merchant name has been corrected to be FloridaVacationStation.com, which is what it should have been from the start.

CJ is NOT violating the Disney World Trademark, and neither is FloridaVacationStation.com. The merchant name was mistakenly listed as : "DisneyWorld Vacation Getaway". In fact, the merchant name is FloridaVacationStation.com, which is a DBA for Island One, Inc.

Island One, Inc. is an authorized reseller of Walt Disney World tickets, and as such is licensed to sell Disney tickets and to use select Disney images and other copyrighted materials in its marketing campaigns. All of the Disney materials are used with permission and in accordance with standards set forth in a Disney copyright kit, provided to Island One, Inc. for the express purpose of ensuring compliance with the various respective trademarks.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me and I can provide additional information. Thanks again for bringing this to CJ's attention, and thanks to CJ for passing it on to FloridaVacationStation.com.

Quote Originally Posted by stoudesf

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me and I can provide additional information. Thanks again for bringing this to CJ's attention, and thanks to CJ for passing it on to FloridaVacationStation.com.
    Hi stoudesf,

Welcome to the forums,

Thanks for the clarification, and this is a great news as I personally become disappointed when I saw that the program name was wrong - but now everything is fine!

I just have a doubt: you're Florida Vacation Station's program Advertiser or a CJ employee?

All,

Thanks for firing off those AAQ's to CJ about this. The merchant name has been corrected to be FloridaVacationStation.com, which is what it should have been from the start.

CJ is NOT violating the Disney World Trademark, and neither is FloridaVacationStation.com. The merchant name was mistakenly listed as : "DisneyWorld Vacation Getaway". In fact, the merchant name is FloridaVacationStation.com, which is a DBA for Island One, Inc.

Suuuureee...

Well, it appears that CJ is reading AAQ submissions, just not responding to them. My submission is still unresolved with no response.

Interesting...

Interesting, indeed.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Who is stoudesf and is this legit?
    Please allow me to elaborate. stoudesf = Sterling Stoudenmire, CTO of Island One, Inc., which is the owner of the FloridaVacationStation. You can email me at: sterling.stoudenmire@floridavacationstation.com.

As I previously stated, we are a licensed reseller of Disney's ticket products, and have rights to use select copyright materials in our marketing/advertising. The images you see on our website are all pre-approved by Disney and contained in our copyright kit

FloridaVacationStation.com is a DBA for Island One Resorts, as are FloridaTicketStation.com and ClubNavigo.com.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hi Sterling, welcome to ABW.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Thanks elbowcreek, I appreciate the welcome message. Only positive thing anyone here has said thus far

I'm new here, but certainly not to the 'net. This CJ thing got off to a rocky start when they listed us that way, and we couldn't even go in and change it...very frustrating, but its since been corrected.

I noticed you use ShareASale for your affiliate program, and we are also a merchant there with the FloridaTicketStation...check it out. I would always welcome feedback and insight on how we can improve our affiliate programs.

ABW Ambassador
    This CJ thing got off to a rocky start when they listed us that way, and we couldn't even go in and change it...very frustrating, but its since been corrected.
    That's why I specifically accused CJ in my topic title, not your company.

Suggestion: I think your website could do a better job in making it clear that your primary purpose is to sell timeshares.

Fair enough...I appreciate that.

On the primary purpose to sell timeshares, its a bit more complicated than that. Timeshare is now one of the most heavily regulated industries in the US, and there are a lot of restrictions on what we can and cannot do. For example, we cannot use the word "FREE" in any of our advertising, even if we do give something away (unlike that hack at Video Professor who says try my product for free and then dings people for $69 on their credit card).

Specifically, the offer we are presenting cannot require a timeshare tour excepting for residents of those states where our resorts are registered (we disclose all of this in the details of participation on the landing page, right below the price). For those people coming from states where we are not registered, we still offer them a heavily discounted vacation package. The $199 package is actually sold at a loss in exchange for the person's time and willingness to take a tour. For those coming from non-registered states or who otherwise do not qualify, we will still offer them the vacation at breakeven...about $349 depending on travel dates. In all cases, we will follow up with the guest to confirm the details of participation and that they qualify. If not, we will offer them the "tour not required" price...they can always say "no" to both.

So, those are the facts...I'm open to all suggestions on how we can further disclose the primary purpose and/or improve the landing page and the program.

In the meantime, we will add the standard timeshare disclosure to the page (even though it isn't legally required in this instance) which states: "This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of a vacation ownership plan".

Other concerns/suggestions? We want to do this right.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Seems cool to me I understand Timeshares Fairly well having owned two and also being in Real Estate and having almost every time share in my state offer to "help me" by giving me "free" vacations to give away as incentives to help my Real estate company. I also am signed up to promote you on SAS. Keep staying OPEN with the affiliate community and I am sure you will do well.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Will keep being open, always. Just curious if your name is a play on the Garden of Gethseme?

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread