ABW Ambassador
    Bluefly now at CJ it looks like
    No products yet, one occurence, 1 day cookie.

I looked at bfast yesterday; no mention of moving there. But yes, same old fantastic terms.

Thumbs down and those terms!! Yikes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I looked at bfast yesterday; no mention of moving there. But yes, same old fantastic terms.
    I applied and then when I saw all the legal humbo jumbo, I backed out. One day cookie and the Bar Exam is WAY too much for me...

Sheeeesh!!
    The best things in life are not things at all...

ohmigod, 1 DAY cookie...? I'm glad my application on CJ was rejected... after receiving the invitation to transition my Bfast account....

And did I mention we were rejected after sending thousands of clicks to them over the last few months..

Between changes to the adwords "algorithm", and incidents like this, being an affiliate is becoming more challenging. There was a fantastic thread here recently about getting back to basics.. hard work, content, pre-google times, etc.. time to re-read that...

Lightbulb
    this rejection may be someone at CJ's doing . . . if you contact the AM direct you may get a different answer.

Exclamation one-day cookies
    the longest running (I believe) one-day cookie record may be held by amazon.com, where it is a matter of religion.

yeah, I sent an email to the AM when I saw the rejection, will wait & see. I'm not as fussed now that I noticed the 1-day cookie.... will use them to fill in a few spaces, nothing more. Time to put efforts into the newer stores that still offer 30-day cookie and 10% commission...

1-day... for crying out loud... I really believe in the merchants I promote, but the relationship is feeling a little one-sided lately!

1 day cookie ummm. Thanks that rejected me.

Thumbs down
    it is possible to get a sale on a one-day cookie but that's not a very friendly policy to us.

not friendly at all.. it's like they want our traffic, but aren't prepared to give us anything for it. Have spent the last day researching networks for new partners (that's how I view my merchants), already found alternatives....

My site has been increasing in popularity.. but like everyone here, it's been through very hard work. Why should we send our traffic to merchants who don't have more consideration for that hard work...

1 day, 1 occurance, 6%, and a mile long legal doc...hmmmm, no thanks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Go get'em couponers, and other POS attack dogs like the CJ Adware partners. Rape Bluefly with your last in cookie practices, at higher commission rates, and make them cash in those incentives on every booked sale.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I hear ya..

Just decided to read the legal T&C.. it's not a 1-day cookie, it's a same sesson cookie. Even if my site is accepted (after rejecting the transition application), I may call it a day on Bluefly...

I'm wondering if someone can explain the logic here. Why would a merchant knowingly do this.. is it a blatant attempt to take our traffic...?? Just cancel the affiliate program if you're not prepareed to pay commission....

ABW Ambassador
    >>blatant attempt to take our traffic

...and they just think of affiliates as lemmings eager to take some crumbs...

well, this particular lemming has been spending her day looking for new merchant partners... and mulling over a paid-inclusion idea that's been on the back-burner.

Nothing like the thought of being ripped-off to get the creative juices flowing.... no one gets my traffic with a same-session cookie....

A one day cookie? absurd.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    A one day cookie? absurd.
    could have been worse.

actually, it was = single-session.

a lot of business is done with one-day cookies. usually, anything in the shopping cart could last longer (as in the case of amazon.com) but I blast their archaic (doing it for too many years) policy every chance I get in their forum.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Feed will be ready sometime next week.

well, site got accepted (typo in my submission, oops)... it's just not worth promoting tho... have a nice spot off to the side for their banners... will use as filler.

What a shame, though, this same-session nonsense has really put me off them. If you don't want affiliates, just cancel the program... don't waste our time pretending....

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread