Mals-E ?? Anyone have any thoughts?
    Hey everyone,

Just came across this and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I did a search on here but didn't find any information at all, which I thought was kind of odd. I see already that they don't provide any type of network. We are very likely to sign up with SAS anyway, but was wondering if any of you picked up merchants from them?

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

ABW Ambassador
    Never heard of them. When I came to this thread I thought it would be about a new worm or trojan going around.

do you mean Mal's E-Commerce? They seemed to be mostly UK-centric when I first ran into them, but Mal posts here and I think I remember him saying he was doing or going to something more in the US.

Yes that's what I meant. I was going to post the link but I don't think I'm allowed (?) I am guessing that not a whole lot of you use it...?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionyz
    Yes that's what I meant. I was going to post the link but I don't think I'm allowed (?) I am guessing that not a whole lot of you use it...?
    there should be some users here; the UK is well represented by affiliates and some merchants in these threads.

Ok to post a link to the main site, just not to any affiliate links. But I think by now it may not be necessary.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I use mals-e on a site I run for a small merchant. It seems to work out ok and if you upgrade to a premium account it will work with shareasale's tracking system.

ABW Ambassador
    He's located in the UK but has been used by smaller US merchants for years with a good reputation. Very good service, I used to set up client sites whose business didn't warrant a merchant account, and used Mal's myself on a site.

okay cool, thanks for the feedback. there is no network of affiliates that they show merchant links to is there? or are you saying that if you upgrade to premium that a merchant link/banner is placed on the SAS network?

Thanks!

No, Mals is not for affiliates it's for merchants unless your using a dropshipper then you could use mal, then set up an affiliate program at SAS, so you would be a merchant I guess

The shopping cart does have built in affiliate tracking, that means you can have sites link to your site with a special code but from what I read it was not the most reliable tracking system.

Yes, I am a merchant. But we already have a full shopping cart system set-up so I was just looking at the affiliate options that they offer. It seems like this isn't what I'm looking for.... maybe it's beter for like a link-share or recriprocal link between 2 merchant sites ?

ABW Ambassador
    I have to clarify/correct what I posted above:

whose business didn't warrant a merchant account
    That should have read instead for business "that didn't warrant a full-fledged shopping cart."

are you saying that if you upgrade to premium that a merchant link/banner is placed on the SAS network?
    Not likely, I haven't looked lately but I think it's safe to assume that you'd have to be signed up with SAS as a merchant to have your link or banner on the SAS site. It may mean that if someone uses Mal's as their cart it can interface for SAS affiliate tracking if someone is signed on as a merchant there.

am a merchant. But we already have a full shopping cart system set-up so I was just looking at the affiliate options that they offer. It seems like this isn't what I'm looking for....
    The affiliate sign-up is very rudimentary at Mal's, it isn't at all for what a full-fledged affiliate program needs.

If you want to start an affiliate program the shareasale is where you should start.

Mal's shopping cart provides a decent basic service, good for a small site with 'a product or two'. When setting up an osCommerce is 'overkill', Mal is another free option.

...and Yes, the Mal's 'affiliate program' is far from a great option.

Thanks for all the information. SAS is the direction we are going to go then.

Mal's is great for the small eBay seller (have used it myself for an online garage sale). I occasionally do website designs for local merchants and have used Mal's as it is easy for them to maintain afterwards (has interface to PayPal and gateways to several credit card processors) and portable when they change webhosts

The affiliate tracking that was added to Mal's was actually more in response to requests for statistics
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread