ABW Ambassador
    Matt Cutts On Being W3 Compliant
    Just for the next time this comes up and someone tells you it will help in the SERPS. Addresses it about 2:42 in the video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...51959310&hl=en

Was cool getting to see him and listen to him talking at the same time, but ummm I assume since I'm on dial-up (usually the reason it seems) only lasted for about two minutes. Could still see him and hear him but he's probably still talking to me. lol Not sure why it works for just the first couple of minutes but after that I only hear about three words.....then really long pause til he speaks again. Never thought of it before, but it's kinda hard to understand what somebody's saying when they're talking like that. lol
    Could you pretty please just summarize in maybe just a few words what the idea of what he was saying was ?? One little side note. lol While viewing it with dial-up since it pauses....lol some of the faces it shows of him are pretty funny. lol

ABW Ambassador
    I got some of it, too much typing

Normal people write code with errors, it just happens. 40% off all html pages have syntax errors. And there's no way search engines can remove 40% of the content just because it didn't validate. We don't have a signal like that in our algo and it's probably for a good reason. It's possible they make look at it as a possible signal in future. In general it's good to have your site validate but not at the top of the list, compelling content is and making a great site is.

purplebear, can't send you a PM but I did the email thing whereever that goes. Sent you something you might be interested in.

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    "Well the need for valid code myth can finally be put to rest, FINALLY."

I agree. From listening it seems it's not any part of the algo now, which I never thought it should be.

I always thought the valid HTML argument was a little fishy. Especially since the last time I tried to validate a page, something in the Adsense code kept it from validating.
    But are you still master of your domain?

Thanks for pointing this out, Trust. I didn't hear anything about it, and it's a nice relief to not have to worry too much about that, on top of other things.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

I think the fact that Google's home page fails W3C validation is enough evidence for me. Browser compatibility is far, far more important than compatibility with an unenforced "standard". And content and value to the user is even more important than that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Plus the argument that I always gave that it had absolutely nothing to do with the relevancy of any given search.

Very Cool I just watched all the video's. Now I need to make my content compelling dang that is going to be a lot of work
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I was relieved to hear this and also the news about supplemental results.

Trust - already thanked you but saying thanks again here, too for the email thing Thanks for the summary too
    Adam - thank you for the link. Liked the comment comparing him to Alan Grennspan. lol guess it must be true or we all wouldn't be here interested in hearing his comments. lol

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread