Vault.com - Charged me back for nothing!!!
    Well, I signed up to Vault.com thru CJ
    They pay $1.25 per a person who answers their questionnaire
    My website is checked under "Incentives" and Vault.com approved it

Yesterday, they charged back ALL my leads!! Everything!!
    And they finished my "realtionship" with them
    They don't answer my emails, and I feel like they cheated me and I don't know what can I do about it - so I wanted to ask for your suggestion

I don't understand, it's a very simple questionnaire!

Even people from USA who took offers of free trials and put in their CC details took this offer, they say the leads are unqalified in the reports (near the reason for cancelling the leads) - it doesn't make sense, those people speak perfect engilsh and know how to answer a questionnaire

So why they have cancelled ALL my leads???

What is wrong here?

Are they bunch of cheaters or what??

Lightbulb
    do you happen to know anyone personally who filled out the form? it would be interesting to know if/how vault.com contacted them after . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    do you happen to know anyone personally who filled out the form? it would be interesting to know if/how vault.com contacted them after . . .
    Of course!!

I have a forum on my website, Michael from California likes to discuss on the offers he took, people described how they filled in the questionnaire

And no, Vault.com never contacted them!

They are bunch of cheaters if you ask me, DON'T JOIN THEM !!!

They will charge back all your leads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    They are bunch of cheaters if you ask me, DON'T JOIN THEM !!!

They will charge back all your leads!!!
    I made a little bit of money with them once, a long time ago. It was less than $50 total.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Maybe it has something to do with this:

http://www.vault.com/admin2/affiliat...conditions.jsp

In addition, you may not: (a) directly or indirectly offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including, without limitation, payment of money (including any rebate), or granting of any discount or other benefit) for using Special Links on your site to access our site (e.g., by implementing any "rewards" program for persons or entities who use Special Links on your site to access our site); or (b) post any Special Links on any Web site or other platform that is accessible through any Internet Access Appliance. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have offered any person or entity any such consideration or incentive, or posted Special Links on any such Web site or platform, we may (without limiting any other rights or remedies available to us) withhold any referral fees otherwise payable to you under this Agreement and/or terminate this Agreement.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Aren't they an employmant agency?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Aren't they an employmant agency? Wasn't aware they had that other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Maybe it has something to do with this:

http://www.vault.com/admin2/affiliat...conditions.jsp
    CJ works on the basis of incentives! They have a special flag for it!

If your account is flagged as an incentives the advertiser knows about it and has to approve you manually!!

They did, meaning: they knew I'm running incentives and still gave me a go

If they didn't want it they could simply decline my application!! (and many others did it, when I asked them why, they told me: incentives)

So I really do not accept what you say, they have to take responsibility for their actions, they can't just approve me and then say "hey, you're running incentives, it's not allright" - they had to manually approve me, they supposed to see the Incentives flag from the beginning, and if they like playing games and cheat or trick people - not me please, go to see a NFL game if you want some entertainment

CJ works on the basis of incentives! They have a special flag for it!

If your account is flagged as an incentives the advertiser knows about it and has to approve you manually!!

They did, meaning: they knew I'm running incentives and still gave me a go

If they didn't want it they could simply decline my application!! (and many others did it, when I asked them why, they told me: incentives)

So I really do not accept what you say, they have to take responsibility for their actions, they can't just approve me and then say "hey, you're running incentives, it's not allright" - they had to manually approve me, they supposed to see the Incentives flag from the beginning, and if they like playing games and cheat or trick people - not me please, go to see a NFL game if you want some entertainment
    Just because they approved you doesn't mean you have an implicit right to break their explicit terms. Who knows if the individual doing the approving even looked at your app in detail, and even if they did, they must have thought you understood THEIR terms and were willing to abide by them, despite the fact that you are focused on incentives sites. They have a much better leg to stand on in this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Just because they approved you doesn't mean you have an implicit right to break their explicit terms. Who knows if the individual doing the approving even looked at your app in detail, and even if they did, they must have thought you understood THEIR terms and were willing to abide by them, despite the fact that you are focused on incentives sites. They have a much better leg to stand on in this debate.
    The person doing the approving isn't a stupid one

Plus, those terms are stated in their website, not in CJ's, please pay attention to that too, as I forgot to mention that!

When I went over their terms I saw what I saw, and even though you said what u said, I so disagree! a person who approves applications isn't an individual as you defined it, he's a person from their company, and he takes responsibility in the same way every action of their needs responsibility!

So please re-read:

Who knows if the individual doing the approving even looked at your app in detail

NOT MY PROBLEM !!!

Take responisibilty before you approve, it's not a computer game where you can do whatever you want, please think before you write something like that, as you represent it like they do whatever they want - no my good friend, every action needs responsibility, every action!

And I said besides terms weren't listed on CJ !!

What can I do about it people?

What can I do about it people?
    I would recommend (especially for lead-based programs):

1) Read the T&Cs carefully.
    2) Talk with the merchant in advance to make sure they understand and approve of what you're doing.

Incentivized clicks and leads are usually pretty useless to merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I would recommend (especially for lead-based programs):

1) Read the T&Cs carefully.
    2) Talk with the merchant in advance to make sure they understand and approve of what you're doing.

Incentivized clicks and leads are usually pretty useless to merchants.
    Don't you read what I just said?

"Incentivized clicks and leads are usually pretty useless to merchants"

Uselss???

That's fine! don't approve me!!

You got the ball, make sure you throw it to the right directions, cause if not - it's not my fault! I'm using incentives and every advertiser knows about it! My account is flagged in CJ!

And there's nothing about "Unqaulified Leads" on their Terms & Conditions

PS contacted them many times - no answer!

ABW Ambassador
    Arie, do you have a private section to your forums?

If you don't like my two suggestions, you could always fall back to this one:

3. Continue sending incentivized traffic to merchants who don't understand it or whose T&Cs clearly state that they don't allow it, then come here and complain when they reverse your sales and/or remove you from their programs.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for incentive affiliates who don't obide by merchant T&Cs, send low quality leads to merchants, and then get caught.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

The funny thing about CJ customer service is they cannot properly distinguish between an affiliate that offers incentives and an affiliate that offers direct merchant coupons.

When I was just starting, I had mistakenly marked my site as incentivized, even though I did not offer any kind of incentives.

Then later I asked CJ to remove the "incentivized" check mark from my profile (they disable it, once its checked)

And they were reluctant to remove that check mark and were saying my site was incentivized.

I had to write them a strong letter explaining what "incentivized" really means.

Then they understood it and then removed the check mark.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for incentive affiliates who don't obide by merchant T&Cs, send low quality leads to merchants, and then get caught.
    Ditto, and I'd add that it doesn't do much good to have such a combative attitude toward those you are requesting help from. What exactly do you expect anyone at ABW to do for you Arie?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Ditto, and I'd add that it doesn't do much good to have such a combative attitude toward those you are requesting help from. What exactly do you expect anyone at ABW to do for you Arie?
    I thoght you have some suggestions

Thanks for your sympathy by the way, Incentives are the same kind of market like everywhere, it's legit and people are using it

If you don't like my two suggestions, you could always fall back to this one:

3. Continue sending incentivized traffic to merchants who don't understand it or whose T&Cs clearly state that they don't allow it, then come here and complain when they reverse your sales and/or remove you from their programs.

Okay, let me say it for the 6th time today!

There was no T&C at CJ website!! No section stating they don't pay for incentives etc!!

Irony, isn't it?

In their website they say incentives prohibited however in Cj website they say it's okay to perform with incentives

Weird..............

ABW Ambassador
    u confuse "performance incentive" with "incentive/loyalty/etc marketing activity"

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    u confuse "performance incentive" with "incentive/loyalty/etc marketing activity"
    sorry, u right....

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread