ABW Ambassador
    Tired of LS Website Errors
    I'm always getting "The page cannot be displayed" errors lately on the Linkshare site, the site has always been very buggy but its deteriorating worse lately. The pages will display after a refresh or two but hey I have more important things to do with my time than this.. c'mon Linkshare, how about giving us a bug free website.

don't tell me its just me as I don't get these errors on other sites and my browser & pc is finally tuned and it picks up on bad coding.

so anoying that I have taken time off a busy task to come here and make a thread about it.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, we know, because you already told us and no one else reported a similar experience.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=76547

Are you going to continue to post about this every few days to make sure we don't forget? If you do, please practice a little netiquette and keep all of your posts for this issue on one topic. Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    ok ok, i should have remembered that I had posted that recently but it's very frustrating.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    try changing the browser.
    It might be your ISP or your browser.. I do not know much about the issue but the only problem i have with LS is the LS Synergy Beta (which is still in beta)

I haven't gotten any of those "page cannot display errors" but what bugs me is the crappy search tool...its like you have to know EXACTLY what you are searching for. If I knew that then I wouldn't freakin need to search would I?

For example, I have this one affiliate - call him eMoney - that shows up that way under my executive reports...but when I search for that exact word I can never find him. Hugely frustrating! I wish they would provide a general search tool that I could type in whatever I wanted and it would find it.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChef253
    I haven't gotten any of those "page cannot display errors" but what bugs me is the crappy search tool...its like you have to know EXACTLY what you are searching for. If I knew that then I wouldn't freakin need to search would I?

For example, I have this one affiliate - call him eMoney - that shows up that way under my executive reports...but when I search for that exact word I can never find him. Hugely frustrating! I wish they would provide a general search tool that I could type in whatever I wanted and it would find it.
    Another reason why merchants make a mistake going to LS.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I'm also tired of the affiliate management section. WTF is the point of the "non-advanced" search section? Its so fricken inept!

If you search out affiliates using it you can't: group affiliates, remove, extend progams....or do anything really useful. Also, you should be able to see their sales numbers instead of needing to use the search tool at the bottom of the main page and run sales and whatever reports.

ABW Ambassador
    I know what you mean, finding merchants and browsing through categories is weak at best. What amuses me as a lot of these very general features could be implemented at a very low cost I'm sure. I mean this is all about websites and business on the web and I don't undersntand how little effort goes into the networks websites as far as upgrading and offering improvements on features?

I like the features and interface of CJ but even they have not added any new features for some time besides the lmi problems. If LS could gets some top designers together they could make the network many times better with a interface overhaul and some upgrades on features.

For some reason these companies have trouble making a decent search tool. Myspace is the worst offender of all. Their search tool is WORTHLESS...to the extent that it is not even funny. I seriously throw up in my own mouth everytime I get a "0 matches found" from that place....

ABW Ambassador
    I can confirm again that everytime I go to the Linkshare website I keep getting blank pages and "Page Can't be displayed" errors. I have to refresh the page aboput 5 times until it eventually goes through and have to keep doing this on nearly every page on LS.

I can assure you that this is a problem with LS as I use the web everyday and visit hundreds of pages and this is the only site I have this problem.

Just take a look at the code beneth the browser and it's not hard to see why there are so many problems.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread