SEO Managers Listed as New 'Top' Job
    MSN has an article on SEO being one of the new 'cutting edge' jobs in demand. The article described the average SEO exe to be self taught through attending seminars, working with their own site and participating in discussion forums. Sound familar? lol.. anyway.. they had like five pages of jobs all over the US. I guess I can post the link here? In case anyone is looking for some work? Although who would want to go ----> out there (in the real world) when this is so much fun. Anyway.. here is the link if anyone is interested. article link
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Also in demand:

"Intellectual Property Litigator
    Intellectual property (IP) is bringing in big business for law firms as companies become more diligent about protecting their patents, copyrights and trademarks. This has led to a strong demand throughout the United States for IP litigators, who argue their clients' cases in IP-related lawsuits. Previously the exclusive realm of small boutique firms that specialized in this form of law, IP litigation is increasingly being handled by large global firms. As these firms look to expand into or strengthen their practices in this lucrative field, the need for skilled attorneys is rising."

Yikes ... got your attorney repellent handy?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I wonder which skills . . . and shudder.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If you're good at SEO, you can make tons as an affiliate! Bet that makes it very hard to hire or keep the best ones.

ABW Ambassador
    Corporate $100K SEO/SEM can make another $500K working from home at night.

SEO is a piece of cake.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Ah but is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by best123
    SEO is a piece of cake.
    Only with time and a lot of effort. Many of us are self taught.

I know it took me a couple of years to get a real understanding and I still have so much to learn. Key word optimisation, page format optimisation, unique and relevant content, inbound links, page load time, product placement, consumer relevance, market variance, minimal consumer click to product (the max three click rule) from entry, geographic target, gender target, age structure, type of product, market saturation or niche, discount optimisation, offline strategy, organic position, media focus, online sponsorship and the list continues.....the successful SEO Guru deserves a vacation and a

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    Corporate $100K SEO/SEM can make another $500K working from home at night.
    if you can make $500k at night, than you should be able to clear $1mm by day. if this is you, quit the $100k job ASAP

I've seen job postings seeking an SEO mngr. at a starting salary of $40k/year, and roll my eyes and almost fall out of my seat laughing. Anyone with knowledge of SEO who is willing to work for those scraps is a few cards short of a full deck.

Everytime we discuss possibly adding additional members to our staff, the one skill we always throw out there is we want someone with a vast knowledge of SEO. That's cool to see MSN acknowledge this "job" as one of the top positions in demand. From our viewpoint, it is definitely up there.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

$40k would be a good SEO trainee salary... but thats about it. any decent amount of SEO knowledge would command a much higher salary IMO

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread