How do I add optionalinfo??
    So many affiliate programs (clickbooth, neverblueads, cpastorm and more) use the same templates but they don't specify to users how to use "optionalinfo" !!!

Suppose I have this link:

http://publishers.clickbooth.com/sw/99999/CD9999/

How do I add an optionalinfo to this link?

Why no website puts an explanation? all work like robots but don't see they miss improtant things!

Plus, many descriptions for campiagns are annoying, I can't understand what a user should do in order that I will get paid for him (I'm running incentives website and I need to explain users what to do)

Can anyone plz explain me how do I add optionalinfo to this link for instance??

http://publishers.clickbooth.com/sw/99999/CD9999/

???

Someone told me just to add the optionalinfo after the forward slash like this

...CD9999/optionalinfo

Is that correct?

Yes, that's how subid tracking on DirectTrack-based CPA Networks work.

Make sure you only use campaigns that are flagged as INCENTIVE. Most CPA networks are really good about identifying those (usually in the campaign name) and usually even creating a special category for them.

Even if they are flagged as incentive, keep in mind that they'll hold you responsible for any fraud by your members. If you have a high incidence of fraud, they'll boot you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Yes, that's how subid tracking on DirectTrack-based CPA Networks work.

Make sure you only use campaigns that are flagged as INCENTIVE. Most CPA networks are really good about identifying those (usually in the campaign name) and usually even creating a special category for them.

Even if they are flagged as incentive, keep in mind that they'll hold you responsible for any fraud by your members. If you have a high incidence of fraud, they'll boot you.
    Thanks so much for the info Mike!

My website is protected against fraud, we try to detect all cheaters and delete their accounts plus banning their IP

So far the tracking is great, 4 leads for Stamps.com

Hi all,

I'm not new to affiliate marketing & CJ but I really feel like a newbie after reading thru this forum! Could someone please tell me what these mean? I'm so sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it. Thank you!

optionalinfo
    subid tracking
    DirectTrack-based CPA Networks

EDIT: I don't know how to delete this post sorry. I'm wading thru CJ's 'training' section now....
    Last edited by moodykitty; August 9th, 2006 at 10:31 PM.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If you're working with ClickBooth, go here:
    http://www.cdt.org/press/20060809press.php

Find the report (the pdf file) and download it and check out page 20.

ClickBooth was listed as the second most often appearing adware user.

If you're a newbie, bit of advice for you... find some clean partners (not ClickBooth) to work with that won't steal from you and others by using adware and parasiteware.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    More about ClickBooth:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=73844

Affiliates beware!

For every network that uses directtrack you add the optional information to the end of the link as shown above. To download your stats by optional information is a little different than normal tho. If you go to statistics, then select a date range, then instead of clicking generate click on the little text link below that says "download optional information". This will allow you to generate a csv transaction report that will show you all of your transactions by your subid/optionalinfo.

It is important to note however that if you use this functionality there is no way to see clicks or impressions broken down by optionalinfo, only leads/sales.

For MoodyKitty:
    optionalinfo, and subid tracking are the same thing. They both mean tracking your revenue by an ID. To put it simply if you had 2 pages on your website with the same banner on both you could give each a subid "page1" or "page2" and track the revenue on each.

DirectTrack is a software that some affiliate marketing networks and merchants use to track transactions for their affiliates and post links/creatives/campaigns for their advertisers.

PS. At NeverblueAds we moved off the directtrack platform on Sept 5th.

Cheers!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread