AdSense Bad For Your Business?
    There's an interesting post about AdSense at WPW and a publisher getting out of the Made For AdSense business. http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=65874

In her opinion, MFA sites "... have to be good for nothing." Can't say I've seen all the types of MFA sites but most or all of the ones I recognized as MFA fit this description. Does G spend too much time worrying about "thin" affiliates while the thousands of MFA sites pollute the SERPs?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    I am confused by your headline. Are you trying to infer that this idiot shows that adsense is bad for business? Or being a scammer in adsense is not worth it? Your headline and her post are not the same subject, a little latent adsense hate?
    The people that are doing $10,000.00 a month are spending $6,000.00 a month to keep everything working.
    Her whole post is just missing the obvious. Making a good site still can make good money with adsense. But when your only skill in life is to scam people, make a good site is hard...

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    I am confused by your headline. Are you trying to infer that this idiot shows that adsense is bad for business? Or being a scammer in adsense is not worth it? Your headline and her post are not the same subject, a little latent adsense hate?

Her whole post is just missing the obvious. Making a good site still can make good money with adsense. But when your only skill in life is to scam people, make a good site is hard...

Chet
    No inference intended. The headline is from her post and the "?" is mine. She gave a very one-sided view of MFA sites and I was hoping some MFA site owners had a different view.

It's not a subject I studied but think there are quality MFA sites out there, in contrast to many of the obnoxious one's I've seen lately.

I have no love or hate for G, their services are tools for site owners and they either work for you or they don't. I'm just interested in opinions.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    Whenever I see a thread from over there it's usually some nonsense, as this one is.

"Iíve just closed my account as being a Publisher and Iím waiting on my last months check. We were doing around $10,000.00 a month with the AdSense type of sites and decided to get out because I felt the business model was really bad. "

Making money is bad. Ahh, need to write that one down.

"To make a site work good with AdSense or Overture the first step is in building a site that is totally useless or close to it."

Tells you what kind of sites they were making. There are some great sites out there with Adsense on them that are very useful.

"Too really make the money you will need more then one of these sites, as a matter of fact 1,000 is a good number if youíre really trying to make money with them. "

You can make good money with one great site.

I'm going to stop because the rest of her post is filled with nonsense, have better things to do today.

The whole point of adsense in the first place was to allow sites to monetize on their traffic and not be built for adsense. The bloggers, the smaller sites, and those that didn't want to gear their site for affiliate traffic.

A lot of small site with big traffic threw on adsense and suddenly they were now making money for their hobby, passion, or whatever.

Of course people come along and then design sites solely for making money via adsense and push the limits of it. That was not the intended purpose of adsense in the first place. IMHO.

ABW Ambassador
    In her opinion, MFA sites "... have to be good for nothing." Can't say I've seen all the types of MFA sites but most or all of the ones I recognized as MFA fit this description. Does G spend too much time worrying about "thin" affiliates while the thousands of MFA sites pollute the SERPs?
    Not all sites that run Adsense are auto-generated garbage MFA sites, which is what that's talking about. For those who don't know the difference, that thread over there can be very misleading.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Not all sites that run Adsense are auto-generated garbage MFA sites
    That's certainly true. But I am not certain as to exactly what a MFA site looks like despite hearing a good deal about them lately. Could anyone give some examples of MFA sites?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    That's certainly true. But I am not certain as to exactly what a MFA site looks like despite hearing a good deal about them lately. Could anyone give some examples of MFA sites?
    Check this out, mother-of-all MFAs http://www.google.com/domainpark/

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    But I am not certain as to exactly what a MFA site looks like despite hearing a good deal about them lately. Could anyone give some examples of MFA sites?
    Apparently, on AdsBlackList, you can find quite a lot of "Made for Adsense" sites. Just go to the bottom of the page, and generate a list of URLS. I think the results are pretty much all MFA's.

ABW Ambassador
    Scraper sites are MFA sites. They just siphon stuff off other web pages, throw it all on sites, add Adsense, and pollute the internet with them. That is some people's business (or part of it), MFA sites - and some make very good $ at it if they're good at SEO - very good at spamming the engines. They know they're junk, but hey - that's business.

Apparently that person did just that. Maybe they stopped for other reasons than conscience. The sites get banned or buried and then the people have to put up more - automated, no human effort is involved except to push a button. No big deal - that's business. I *do* have some suspicions why that post was done, but I'll shut up.

Doing MFA sites is NOT the same thing as running Adsense on a "normal" site. No, Adsense is NOT bad for a business. In fact, it gives publishers a safety net against the practices of non-converting, non paying, dishonest or unscrupulous or parasite-ridden merchants.

Doing Adsense is a very wise business decision, if it's done right.

I also have my suspicions for why that post was written... The plug for the poster's web design company was pretty obvious in a post that encourages people to start building real websites.

I agree that junk "MFA" sites are obnoxious but I see no problem with people pushing the limits of technology... this will only drive Google to add in new features that force evolution on the market.

Someone who posted earlier in this thread was spot-on when he/she noted that the posted neglected to mention that many sites with real content are quite successful integrating AdSense and that, in these cases, the ads can actually be useful (or at the very least unobtrusive) to site visitors. In fact, AdSense has probably allowed many users who better support fan/advice/info websites that previously were not generating any revenue.

Unhappy
    MFA sites are no different from Made for Merchant Affiliate sites which have been slowly killed by the big G. It's just a matter of time that Google kills these sites off.

I think the poster from the other forum was hit by her conscience. I too had that same type of thinking a few years back when all I did was build sites for Zappos.

Make site for visitors and not for any other else, that's what Google's been preaching us all these years.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UKJ
    MFA sites are no different from Made for Merchant Affiliate sites which have been slowly killed by the big G.

Make site for visitors and not for any other else, that's what Google's been preaching us all these years.
    Google isn't the only search engine and search engines are not the only way to generate traffic.

Affiliates work for the merchants, generating sales. Your means to that end is entirely up to you.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread