quote:
    Hello Affiliates,

I would like to tell you about one of the best ways we have achieved great sales increases. ......

EMAIL !!! It gives us the best response in comparison to all of our other marketing efforts.

We invite all of our affiliates to try this great technique. BULK MAIL Your current email lists and past customer leads Do it however you want to. Text Ads, Full emails, HTML Emails.... ETC Here is a link to An HTML Email ad that we use.

http://www.bodyjewelry.com/marketing/cj/cjemail.htm

Feel free to change the email or html as you wish but be sure to link it properly to your affiliate program with CJ and be sure to use the coupon code:

CJ24722 in all emails . That will give the customer incentive to order and help us with tracking this promotion. The Coupon Code Is CJ24722 That will give all customers 20% Off of their order. Please be proffessional and dont SPAM. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. mike@bodyjewelry.com

Well, this is a new one on me!

Comments????

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

quote:
    Comments????

No time to comment! Gotta sign up and get those bulk E-mails out...sounds like they found a *new* way to send out offers to people without it being spam...

Oh, wait a minute...

It says "Do it however you want to" in the message.

Sounds very close to SPAM to me. Isn't that against CJ TOS?

Andy

If it looks like spam, tastes like spam, smells like spam...it's spam! (Unless it's a double opt-in list, right?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Well apart from the fact that they only just seem to have discovered the value of email marketing, I don't see a problem with this at all.

I'm not really sure what your point is, actually.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I think I get what they are saying and what they are getting at. The email itself doesn't sound that professional, but they are just trying to get their affiliates a little more involved it sounds like.

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins

ABW Ambassador
    The only thing I see wrong with their latest campaign is that they need to hire a copywriter and designer. uggh!

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I found the email a bit weird too..I meant to post about it last night... The letter is so poorly written its hard to tell exactly what they're advocating, but, in some ways it does sound like spam..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Spam? No different than any other typical merchant-to-affiliate announcement for new banners or links.

I haven't made so much as a nickel with BodyJewelry.com, so I don't know why I am sticking up for them. I just don't get the impression of anything underhanded going on here.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

Body Jewelry has sent this email out for awhile now. I'm not sure if I get the email once or twice a month but it is nothing new. Ialso question the way it is written and as to what they are suggesting we do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread