The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Trying to Find out When I'll Get Paid
    I had a thread called "Linkshare... Get your merchants to pay on time"

So I started emailing one of my merchants, Personal Creations, to find out why they haven't paid since April.

Today, August 3rd, after emails back and forth between me, merchant and Linkshare - still no closer to finding out.

I've said before that paying affilliates is not a priority, but I'm of the opinion it's not even on anyone's radar screen.

I'll post snippets separately

Subject: Linkshare Payments

Hi,

Where's affiliate commissions from May and June? Linkshare says they
    never rec'd them.

Thanks,
    Billy
    Merchant blames Linkshare - says we'll be paid with the vague term "shortly"

Billy:

There was a billing error on the part of LinkShare which required some adjustments. Payment has been made and you will receive your commission shortly.

Thanks,
    Tom
    I post at ABW asking Renae - she doesn't respond

Personal Creations still showing "Awaiting Payment" for May/June/July... so I re-ask the merchant again

Subject: Re: Linkshare Payments

Tom,

How come Linkshare is showing "awaiting payment" for June? Do they KNOW you paid them?

Billy
    One word response from merchant:

Yes.
    Give up on merchant, go back to Linkshare

xxxxxxxxxx,

We haven't been paid from Personal Creations since April - it appears it's a Linkshare problem.

Can you confirm that May and June Personal Creations commissions will be paid on the 8th of August.

Thanks,
    Billy
    As I understand it now -- June payment was just sent -- so I'm not sure it will show up in next payment. I know May will. Yet, June might as well -- if not this one, perhaps the next.
    So.... Personal Creations says Linkshare KNOWS they rec'd payments. Linkshare says they don't know.

I got back to merchant

Tom,

You say Linkshare KNOWS that June payment was rec'd.

Linkshare is saying they think the check was just sent.

So again I'll ask: Will affiliates be paid on August 8th for June commissions?

This is our 4th email asking the same question.

Billy
    One line response from merchant:

Please continue to check with LinkShare. Payment has been sent.
    Amazingly, no one involved in our commission checks can tell us if we're getting paid.

Did you get paid from at least a few other merchants in the LS network or is it *all* merchants?

If it's *all* merchants then, we have a BIG problem IMO.

I'm going through the same thing with one of my other LinkShare merchants. There needs to be some more transparency in the payment cycle and some more urgency to paying affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i think they are just falling behind or holding your up.
    Just a FYI, we received the invoice for June y'day. I am not sure if it is the same for all merchants. I went through it y'day and will OK it today.

There is an account manager in Linkshare and maybe he/she might be able to talk to the merchant's program manager. Let me know if you need some help in getting some emails over to ppl at LS. eric.ewe /at/ fairfieldresorts.com

Eric,

I have contacts at Linkshare

We haven't been paid since April, and this merchant doesn't see anything wrong

It appears he won't even pick up the phone or email Linkshare to inquire

Says a lot about Personal Creations' feelings towards its affiliates

I really want to know the real status of Linkshare. They sent me a check at May and no payment since May, until now. From May to July, I have four figure earnning in my account, no payment, no response. If Linkshare changes to {*}Linkshare tomorrow, I won't surprise at all.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Billy,
    Personal Creations May payment was cleared on July 31. Your May commission should be included in the August 8 payment batch. Talk to our collections department, they work very hard to collect affiliate payments. Remember it is in LinkShare's best interest to get merchants to pay as soon as possible.

Eric,
    Did you get your June or July invoice yesterday? Merchants are supposed to be invoiced for the previous months activity. Can you just confirm that you got the July invoice. I can follow up with your AM if there is sometype of problem.

Concorde,
    It sounds like your account might be on a hold or you might have a payment threshold set. Send me a PM with your LinkShare username and email and I will look into this for you.

Ranae

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Eric,
    Did you get your June or July invoice yesterday? Merchants are supposed to be invoiced for the previous months activity. Can you just confirm that you got the July invoice. I can follow up with your AM if there is sometype of problem.
    Ranae
    Ranae,

I got the invoice y'day. Had some problems loading it but after a quick sign-out-in, i am OK. I am verifying payment right now.

It might take a couple of days to 1 week for acct to send out payment but we should be squared away in for July next week.

Eric

Personal Creations May payment was cleared on July 31. Your May commission should be included in the August 8 payment batch
    Should be? Once again - can't get a simple yes or no response

And June? You avoided that question. A simple yes or no response

Collections? If it's in collections vs current, shut them down!
    Billy,
    Personal Creations May payment was cleared on July 31. Your May commission should be included in the August 8 payment batch. Talk to our collections department, they work very hard to collect affiliate payments. Remember it is in LinkShare's best interest to get merchants to pay as soon as possible.
    Ranae
    Maybe you should be tighter on the switch and put their referrals on hold until they pay up. That may make someone take notice. Better setup some rules with merchants and stick by them.

Really if your having to have a collections department then maybe your not being strong enough with them. The merchants have invested a lot into a program yet some seem not to care. Maybe they have a cash flow problem. Fine, Take them off-line. If they can't pay the bill then maybe their teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. There are enough merchants that do pay.

And that line, " Remember it is in LinkShare's best interest to get merchants to pay as soon as possible. " Aah putting you ahead of us? Priority, priority, priority. I guess you can function without affiliates.

Sincerely,

Tired of getting burnt Poopie
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Billy,
    Concorde,
    It sounds like your account might be on a hold or you might have a payment threshold set.
    Yes I have a payment threshold, its value * 2 = my currrent balance.

Send me a PM with your LinkShare username and email and I will look into this for you.
    Is this the only method to get customer support and payment from Linkshare? Actually I got my last payment (May) using this method. If you did not empty your PM box yet, my info is still in there.

And June? You avoided that question. A simple yes or no response
    Well, now I know why you didn't bother to answer.

No June commission showed up

No payment + no answer from merchant + no answer from network =

The links have been swapped out to their competition

I thought one of the big benifits of Athena and consolidates payments (let's not revisit "Even Ron" by Mr. Messer) was that we would get paid on time. I know one of my few remaining LS affilaites is always late, a few months presently, and LS does not seem to ever do anything about it. I'm sure one day they will leave LS and I will be withough several months commissions. It happens.

LS touted this as being better, but I've still yet to see it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread