ABW Ambassador
    Earnings Since LMI
    in June my earnings were 90% higher than the previous month and that month was about 70% higher than previous. I was on a tremendous growth path and then CJ decided to screw all that with LMI. Now my earnings since a week after LMI is now 90% below average.

thanks CJ

I'm sure some affiliates would know how devastating this is for me while others may be quite happy.

thank heavens there are other networks that are helping.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    How did LMI affect your earnings?

I'm sure there are some tracking issues, my earnings are down 50% after launch of LMI.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    How did LMI affect your earnings?
    I've mainly noticed the decrease over the last 2 weeks and I think it has a lot to do with some of the following:

# My highest profit site & database was not made for the js links and I can't use them or at least one or two on the same page. That site has relied on the method of updated lots of merchants text links on the page for the merchant regularly. Since lmi I have had to rely on email links as getting more than 1 html link is now impossible and retrieving 1 sole html link at a time from cj is a very slow process.

I have been bringing in my visitors from the text copy in html links, if I replace all my html links with js then how are people going to find those promotions? I don't use google adwords to bring in traffic and have relied on seo traffic. Since I have not been able to update links as much then this has made a large dent.

I must also put a loss of profit lately to diversions like joining other networks and focusing on developing new ways to bring in some cash. Since lmi I have spent more time on looking into other channels and networks etc. This is only because I have had to. I have also used 3rd party companies to use their scripts since updating links now on cj is basically impossible in number so some of my profits have gone to these 3rd party companies collecting the 4th click etc

Other contributing factors may include: Loss of sleep worrying, spending more time on the forums talking about lmi and looking for alternative income streams.

The positive out of all this is that I have found some new ideas and alternative ways to make sales other than relying mainly on CJ.

I still think they are arrogant and selfish to force this on us unexpectedly and if they had done this in 2007 like they had promised then I would have no one to blame but myself. They have basically forced us to use js or go elsewhere so I'm in the middle somewhere, still using cj but working on other ideas and that = $loss now but I hope in the future I will get back to were I was before lmi and be able to make a living again. Now it looks grim but I will deal with it. I'm not as lucky as some affiliates who make thousands each day, I barely make a living out of this and what CJ has done has really hurt me.

Now I guess I could also take into account that I did better than normal in the last months because of the shopping holidays then but what worries me is that since last year each month I have been growing but in the last few weeks I'm sliding heavily.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I agree it's a pain getting links now, I wish they would put the html back as default. I only get a link at a time but for those that get a bunch, what a mess. I think if they ultimately go thru with it, they'll just end up screwing themselves. JS only and merchants will go.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    I'm sure there are some tracking issues, my earnings are down 50% after launch of LMI.
    Mine also.. kind of SUC$S don't it. But what can we do ???

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted

Other contributing factors may include: Loss of sleep worrying, spending more time on the forums talking about lmi and looking for alternative income streams.
    Agree. I sleep better now since I've move more than 50% of my time out of CJ to other networks. I used to put allmost all my eggs in that one basket

I am not happy with CJ, LMI or business of late but I must point out these are the "dog days of summer" and July and August are slow times for "brick and mortor" stores as well.
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

True Bro.

Bring on Back to School!

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread