View Poll Results: Is your primary computer a desktop or a laptop?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Desktop

44 44.00%
  • Laptop

56 56.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Desktop or Laptop?
    Is your primary computer a desktop or a laptop?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I use my laptop to connect to my main computer which is a desktop, that way i'm not limited to just working in the office - can go outside, or in any other room in my house for a change of scenery - just connect using remote desktop - I love it.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Old laptop here. New XPS on the way though!

I used to be a PC man, until my first laptop. Then I realized the freedom you get with one... like working by the swimming pool...no going back now...
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I use my lap top wireless to connect when I am on the road or away from the desktop. Much prefer the keyboard on the desk top, but I am learning to live with the lapper.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Laptop all the way!! I tend to move around a lot, so it's perfect for me. There's one thing better than having a laptop, it's having a Mac laptop

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've been exclusively laptop for about 10 years. You really get used to the keyboards, pointers/touchpads, etc. The flexiblility and freedom is incredible. I can go anywhere in the house (or almost anywhere in the world). The price difference used to be a major factor (often 2-3x) but now it's much more affordable.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've been exclusively laptop for about 10 years. You really get used to the keyboards, pointers/touchpads, etc. The flexiblility and freedom is incredible. I can go anywhere in the house (or almost anywhere in the world). The price difference used to be a major factor (often 2-3x) but now it's much more affordable.
    Prices have gone wayyy down compared to what they used to be, but some can still be pricey, like the following monstrosity: http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

I'm still puzzled as to what that's really for. It's a laptop so "sophisticated", it's morphing back into a desktop..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

Laptop for business.

Desktop for omgwtfpwning noobs in World of Warcraft.

So I voted laptop. I don't have much time to WoW anymore.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Never did WoW - Played a good amount of FFXI though. Was such a time-waster!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Is your primary computer a desktop or a laptop?
    My primary computer is a desktop and it is connected to a telephone modem.

I own a laptop but I don't use it as often (mainly because I don't subscribe to a wireless service).

I still have to buy a WiFi card, I intend to get the one where Haiko referred to me as "Blue Tooth Dongle" -- at that time I didn't know if Haiko was promoting a WiFi card or toothpaste.

I thought "Blue Tooth Dongle" might be a character from one of those pirate movies but it is actually a name of a technology -- I learn something here every day
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Laptop for business.

So I voted laptop. I don't have much time to WoW anymore.
    WoW works beautifully on my laptop. Good thing I didn't play past the 10 day trial though.. Kicking the addiction after just a few days was tough enough!

- Scott

Right. The fact that I said I don't have much time doesn't mean I don't push the envelope
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I work at my coffee shop all day, so I use a laptop and also connect to my computer at home using remote desktop. RDP is so cool.

Laptop is my secondary cos it wont do dual displays and I just can't cope that way anymore
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Desktop - of course.

Why put up with lower spec, rubbish keyboard, too small monitor in the wrong place and a poor working/sitting position anywhere else in the house than at my wonderfully ergonomic desk and extra comfy full 3-d swivel chair.

I'm surrounded by eveything I need, if I went anywhere else I'd constantly going back to my office to get stuff I'd forgotten.

A laptop is fantastic for travelling, but why the hell would anyone want to put up with the inconveniences of travelling when staying at home?

Er.. I voted for desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    Why put up with lower spec, rubbish keyboard, too small monitor in the wrong place and a poor working/sitting position anywhere else in the house than at my wonderfully ergonomic desk and extra comfy full 3-d swivel chair.
    I disagree about the speed, keyboard and monitor. My laptop has the best keyboard I've ever used and my screen is more than large enough at 17". Using it on my table is just as ergonomic as using a desktop on a desk. And with the newer dual core laptops speed certainly isn't an issue.

- Scott

Laptop - some 90% of the time, desktop - for the rest (mostly automated tasks while I'm asleep). I'm on the road more often that I would've wanted. So have to stick with a good laptop.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Desktop, the only thing I've used the laptop for so far is as a portable DVD player But I'll probably use it when I get around to some travelling.

At home I love the desktop. Have a nice little desk, comfortable chair. In the living room where I can watch TV while I work, the loveseat I can touch from my computer chair. Nice setup. Laptop keyboards are a little small for my hands and I've never liked the screens. When I move my head I want the picture to stay the same. Also have some decent speakers for listening to music when I want. The laptop sound just sucks.

Desktop is my number #1. Desktops are way more affordable and if you are a data media junkie like me then you are allways getting new hard drives.

I have around 800 gigs on one machine divided into 6 drives. Have fun trying to add 5 new hard drives and raid a laptop.

Although I have seen a few mean machines out there that basicaly look and act as a bulky laptop from 1984 but are actualy full dektop computers. Id love to get one of those someday, though I don't think I'd go anywhere with it.

When I am out of the house I am away from my computer. Lets keep it that way. =)

If a laptop is like a sports car, I prefer the motor home.

PS why cant I vote?

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Wink
    I've never owned a laptop so maybe I'm missing out, but anytime I ever used one I felt "cramped."

I need a big screen. The bigger the better. I think productivity is directly proportional to screen size. You know...bigger IS better. Right girls?

Laptop

I use the server to run web stuff, for a few hundred GB of storage and to run my xbox and media stuff.
    Any server stuff or admin I need to do I do from the laptop via remote desktop.
    All the other stuff I do on my laptop and migrate to the server if needed or my web servers if it's going live.
    Server runs the database update processes automatically and updates to the web servers automatically as well.
    Moved the server to a closet and now use the laptop on the desk, way more room, comfortable with my "office chair" and if I get bored I move to the couch ... table ... lawnchair ... park ... wherever.
    I have a 15.4" widescreen with this one which was a selling point for me. I do like this one, but the next one will be bigger
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

That cracked me up.

I absolutely agree with Paul, but having said that here I am with my old Samsung laptop awkwardly crouched in the corner where there's reception...

We have 3 desktop PCs and my main one has dual monitors. I can't live without that. I never got used to the feel of a laptop.

Laptop for me over 90% of the time. On my third Dell so far (got the last one right after Christmas). But I like to dock mine with a KVM switch and utilize my desktops monitor, keyboard and mouse. I primarily use the laptop as I can keep all my email on one computer no matter where I go.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Much prefer the keyboard on the desk top, but I am learning to live with the lapper.
    Absolutely aggree, I prefer my desk top (old friend ) but switching to a laptop now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast