The Mystery of the L-Shaped Hotel - Uncovered
    There was a man named Frank, he was a salesman. One day his boss says to him, "There is going to be a huge Salesman convention in Colorado, all expense-pays."

"All right," Frank said excited. "And if you do well," his boss added, "then you will get promoted."

And just as Frank was leaving to go home his boss added, "But just remember, don't stay in the 'L' shaped hotel!" "Yeah, ok, got it." Frank said.

So Frank goes home to his wife and two girls. He tells his wife the good news and she replies, "Oh honey this is fantastic. But just remember don't stay in the 'L' shaped hotel."

"Yeah," Frank said, "my boss said the same thing and I was wondering, what is wrong with the 'L' shaped hotel?"

His wife doesn't answer him.

Later that night when he's talking his girls into bed he tells them the great news and they say, "Daddy, don't stay in the 'L' shaped hotel."

"Ok, I won't." Frank said to his girls.

The next day he gets into Colorado and uses a taxi. He tries every hotel (except the 'L' shaped one) and they're all booked. So the he gets an idea.

"Hey taxi driver," Frank said. "Can you take me to the 'L' shaped hotel?"

And the taxi driver, furious, takes Frank, throws him out of the taxi, takes his luggage and throws it out too. Then he drives off without taking any money.

Frank starts walking until he sees a map of the country that he's in, then he finds where he is and where the 'L' shaped hotel is. "Oh great." Frank says happily.

So Frank walks to the 'L' shaped hotel and asks if there's any room available.

"We're completely booked except for one room." The front desk clerk said. "Great, I'll take it." Frank said.

The next day he goes to the salesman convention and does very well. Then he returns to his homeland.

He goes into his boss office and says, "Hey I did really well at the salesman convention." "Wonderful, consider yourself promoted." Frank's boss said. "Alright." Frank said very happily. Then just before he left he turned around and said to his boss, "Oh yeah, I stayed at the 'L' shaped hotel and I don't know what you were talking about nothing bad happened." "What?" His boss boomed with rage. "You disobeyed orders. YOU'RE FIRED!!"

Frank went home upset, and told his wife that he got fired. His wife said, "Awe, honey, why'd you get fired?" "Because I stayed at the 'L' shaped hotel. And I gotta tell yea, nothing bad happened to me." His wife furious throws Frank out and divorces him.

Later that night Frank is at a bar muttering, "What is wrong with the 'L' shaped hotel?"

A person hears him and says, "So, you want to know what is wrong with the 'L' shaped hotel?" "Yes, please!" Frank replied desperately. "There is only one man that can tell you what is wrong with the 'L' shaped hotel. But he lives on an island. Before you leave you should see a canoe all ready to go."

So the next day Frank sets out to see the man on the island. He finds the canoe and heads out.

About halfway there he mutters to himself, "What is wrong with the 'L' shaped hotel?" He hears a voice muttering but can't understand what the person is saying. So he repeats the question a bit louder. Hears the muttering again but can't understand it. So he repeats the question again even louder. The same thing happens. Now he stands up in the canoe and screams at the top of his lungs, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE 'L' SHAPED HOTEL?" Then he falls out of the canoe hits his head and drowns.

Moral of the story........

Don't stand up in canoes.

Guh... A long time to get there
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Exactly. I love the ones that surprise you.

That actually reminds me of a funny story (True) about a friend of mine.

She was wanting to go to a rock concert (Group was 311) that was being hosted at the CITY MARKET in downtown Kansas City. She typed in City Market in MapQuest, printed off her directions, and headed out.
    (this would normally be about a 25-30 minute drive from her house)

About an hour later she began to think that maybe she was lost. Then she saw a sign for the FARMERS MARKET in a town called Parkville. (A good 30-40 miles north of where she needed to be)

She thought that she had hit paydirt when she arrived at the venue and she was the first one there. Even parking her car, hopping out, and giving a little "woo-hoo" to herself. Front row!

Then it dawned on her that she wasn't that early for the show, at least the crew and stuff should be here. At that point she looked around and notice a large group of people all headed the same direction down a side road. She figured they must all be headed to the concert. So she hopped in her car and began slowly driving down this road. Slowly, because people were walking in the road and kept having to move out of her way.

Finally, a woman sort of walks up to her car, and my friend rolls down the window and says.. "can you help me, I'm a little lost". To which the woman says........
    wait for it
    "Apparently.... you are driving on a bike trail!"

That happened a few years ago, but I still tell the story all of the time because I think it is classic.

The clincher was that she was too far down the trail, and it was so narrow, so there was no place to turn around. She had to back all the way back out to the parking lot.

She then called a friend and got directions back to downtown. Once she got downtown, she got lost AGAIN. This time, while sitting at a stop light, she noticed a car full of young kids, a couple with green hair, smoking pot in the car next to her. She decided to follow them and see if they were going to the 311 concert. Sure enough, they drove straight to the concert.

Amazing.

Talking
    There was a shovel leaning against a barn with a gob of cow manure on the end of the handle.

A fly lands on this gourmet fly meal and eats, and eats, and eats.

When the fly takes off he is so full he can't fly and he does a nose dive into the ground and it kills him.

So - What's the moral of this story?
    Don't go flying off of the handle when you're full of sh*t.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    So did we ever find out what was wrong with the L shaped hotel?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    So did we ever find out what was wrong with the L shaped hotel?
    NO

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    NO
    Thank God!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    She was wanting to go to a rock concert (Group was 311)
    I used to live next door to the lead singer and his girlfriend. He cat sit for me when I went on a trip. They were really nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    I used to live next door to the lead singer and his girlfriend. He cat sit for me when I went on a trip. They were really nice people.
    You lived next to Hexum in Omaha?

I'm a huuuuge fan of the band.

Rachna
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network

Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today!

e-mail: rachna@shareresults.com
    www.shareresults.com

ABW Ambassador
    No, next to Doug. I think his media name was S.A. Fernandez or something like that. It was in LA. He was really a nice guy and his girlfriend was very sweet. I don't think I've ever heard any of their music but I always hoped for their sakes that the band would break out really big. It's always good to see nice people succeed.

Ah yes, S.A.!

Sheri, I just wanted to thank you for that wonderful joke. That's four minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread