I think Todd or somebody else at CJ should make a special effort to explain - and I believe it is a question of explaining - to merchants why it is in THEIR benefit to process batches of transactions faster.

Here's a great example: Incredimail

Their program fits my main site's theme very well, but since they only batch process transactions every 4-5 WEEKS (!) it's too much of a gamble to sacrifice banner space for that length of time and hope they convert.

I can understand there may be reasons why merchants can't process transactions in real-time, but it shouldn't be too much of a hardship to aim for a minimum baseline of once-a-week regular batch processing.

Edwin, I agree 100%. I almost always stay away from merchants who take longer than a week to batch the sales. IMO they are really hurting themselves because of it. There have been several times that I have wanted to use a merchant(mostly leads) but backed off becasue I didn't want to take the risk of giving them a good spot on my site and not know whether they convert or not.

Awhile back I tried one program that supposedly was kicking butt network wide. I Sent them a ton of traffic only to find out a month later that it bombed for me after I sent over 10,000 clicks to it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Since then I try to stay with real time or or close to it programs.

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Ditto with Incredimail, I thought I was not making any sales when after more than a month passed, 3 sales suddenly showed up.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread