How can I say something negative about SAS, without getting bash by others?
    Believe me, it's not easy for me to make this post, but here it's:

I don't know if it's coincidence, bad luck, jinx, promoting the wrong merchants or what, but......

Since 06/06/06, I am stuck on $6.66 total commission, and I am seeing a lot of clicks to some merchants but, so far the $6.66 doesn't change.

I have put the other networks on hold, I have been concentrating only on SAS for the last couple of months, but I am making some sales with some merchants on the other networks that I have abandoned for the time been, while on SAS I feel like I am wasting my time.

Thinking that since I can see the all cliks show up on SAS on real time, I think that SAS might not be the problem, so I am beginning to doubt some of the merchants that I promote there.

Am I the only one not making any money on SAS in the last few weeks?

Try some different merchants. The ones you are using are not working out.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Believe me, it's not easy for me to make this post, but here it's:

I don't know if it's coincidence, bad luck, jinx, promoting the wrong merchants or what, but......

Since 06/06/06, I am stuck on $6.66 total commission, and I am seeing a lot of clicks to some merchants but, so far the $6.66 doesn't change.

I have put the other networks on hold, I have been concentrating only on SAS for the last couple of months, but I am making some sales with some merchants on the other networks that I have abandoned for the time been, while on SAS I feel like I am wasting my time.

Thinking that since I can see the all cliks show up on SAS on real time, I think that SAS might not be the problem, so I am beginning to doubt some of the merchants that I promote there.

Am I the only one not making any money on SAS in the last few weeks?
    I'm making money at SAS this month, Mr Sal but I can tell you that not ALL merchants on SAS are good converters. It helps a lot to have a parasite free network but the same non-converting merchant issues apply to all networks. I just remove all merchants who do not perform. I promote SAS merchants because of SAS and some of them convert beautifully. One network that consistently does poorly for me is LS, no matter how great the merchants appear to be. At least on SAS, I've found merchants that can convert my traffic whether that's because they're more relevant to my audience or because SAS tracking is more reliable, I can't say.

Look at the merchants, Mr Sal, not the network and see if replacing the bad ones gets your sales back up.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I sold an iPod dock to my sister from a merchant in LS , the dock cost about 25 bucks and my commission 22 cents

I dont know if its LS or the merchant.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by best123
    I sold an iPod dock to my sister from a merchant in LS , the dock cost about 25 bucks and my commission 22 cents

I dont know if its LS or the merchant.
    Yours is a merchant issue but this thread is supposed to be about SAS ... LOL - Don't want to high jack Mr Sal's thread even though I do think it's the merchants and not SAS. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I signed up with an SAS merchant and sent them over 400 clicks so far with no sales. I joined them because of the datafeed, and the not-being-on-cj thing. But there's something screwy here. I'll post a new thread with my issue, but I relate to the no sales situation.

Sounds like a merchant issue, not the network. But with all things, it takes times. Keep holding out with your current mechants but do try some others while you are waiting.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If you beleive that the difference between SAS and the other networks is that we trust the tracking... then the answer is probably

your merchant choices...

the relavency of your traffic...

and timing (July is always a looky-loo period)

15 years and counting
    Mr Sal, look at your traffic. I noticed something new starting end of July, Google is deranking my pages with SAS links. I don't have enough stats yet to be sure Google is targeting specifically SAS, but I saw that before with CJ and LinkShare.

I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this.

Are your pages with SAS links going supplemental?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    Sandra, I did several experiments and none of my pages with SAS links are going supplemental, they are just going down. I'm lucky enough to see Google still in love with some of my websites. These websites have no MAJOR NETWORK affiliate links. Up to now, I was able to reach the first page for many keywords with SAS links or not. Last month, all my pages with SAS links went down one page or two in the SERPs. But, all my pages with no SAS links are staying at the top. It's hard to be affirmative with only one month data, it's just my experience.

Thanks for all the replies.

It looks that it's the merchants that I have chosen to promote first, are the ones getting me stuck.
    I know that this time of the year may be slow for selling some specific products, and that the SE's are not helping either but, even with small targeted traffic, I was expecting a better result from some of the merchants to were those targeted clicks are going.

I guess you all are right, I should leave those merchants alone for now, to see they start to convert better with more time.

So in the meantime, I am going to revise my merchants to-do list, and start to move up those that I have sitting on the pending bin, maybe in some of those that I have joined and have not promoted yet I might find some better conversions.

Time is running out and the selling season is almost here, so unless I get out of that $6.66 jinxed amount by September, I might have to do what someone posted long time ago:

"Throw them all in the wall, and see which one sticks."

But seriously, I may have to buy something myself in order to move out of that $6.66 jinxed amount, because every time that I log-in and see those same numbers there for two months, I don't feel like getting any new link.

After I made this post, I feel better, sometime a little ranting is a good stress relief. Now I can go back to work on my sites.

Sal.

SAS is performing much better for me recently over cj.
    But this just happen to me personally only.

Over the last 4 weeks CJ has been good to me, where as I get these one-hit-wonder sales from SAS.

The merchant has a lot to do with it, but it seems easier for me to hit winners on CJ.

I really-really like the CJ performance tracking.

I despise the thought of parasites, LMI, and overall lack of communication, but for now I am building sales on CJ...

Hi

There are some good merchants, but it is difficult for merchants to promnote themselves, especially on this forum. If I try the post gets deleted. And if i pay $50 for a post in the announbcement forum it never gets listed anyway . So please take a detailed look at some more merchants...

Me

ABW Ambassador
    I think Brain is always open to any discussion about SAS

BUT
    yesasiaus, your ideas on keywords may make people think about joining.

"china, japan, korea, thai, martial arts, dvd, toys, cd, music, psp, playstation, games, ipod, mp3, xbox, age of empires, sim-free mobile, sony ericsson, nokia, panasonic, sony, camera, nintendo, hong kong, tony jaa, ds, creative, import, console, fearless"

Hi Adam,

do you mean you most affiliates will search by keyword ? this particular program actually perform quite well.

However, we also have another program on shareasale, fashion related, and it is exclusive on SAS at the moment. So I hope affiliates will find it. We'd love to stay exclusive with shareasale, becuase their interface is very good, and they're cheaper and technical support is good as well. And what's also important for us SAS accepts affiliates worldwide.

Im not really sure about the policies on this board. It says no affiliate links, but what about merchant links or merchant names ?

thanks
    Stefan

ABW Ambassador
    "And if i pay $50 for a post in the announbcement forum it never gets listed anyway."

That should work.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "And if i pay $50 for a post in the announbcement forum it never gets listed anyway."

That should work.
    I know... but my post never appeared, even though the credit card got charged. I did get a private message, but I do not have enough posts to be able to read private messages. Do you know how I can contact someone about this by email ?

thanks
    Stefan

ABW Ambassador
    I messaged Haiko about it. I think haiko at abestweb.com should do it.

thanks for your help

Stefan,

It was removed because it was posted in the wrong area (and would be classified as spam) it is no live and moved to http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77249

-------
    TY Trusty.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread