My dilemma
    I recently switched from a Befree/CJ merchant to a similar SAS merchant. I did so largely because of the free datafeed, and they seem to be competitive.

400 clicks later, not a single sale. On the old merchant, I did better. Not great, but better.

Add to the mix the possibility of going a third direction - a price comparison service. I can find every product I currently advertise there, but instead of a commission, they pay per click. That's a safer one, but less profitable (since one sale of a $1000 item is worth more than a couple hundred clicks).

So I'm debating whether to
    A) Give the new merchant a few more weeks.
    B) Go back to manually put up links from the old merchant.
    C) Go for the price comparison links or
    D) Some combination (a merchant rotation? price comparison links in addition to product links from either merchant?)

Your input and guidance will be much appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    You've got a few different issues here rolled into one.

I recently switched from a Befree/CJ merchant to a similar SAS merchant. I did so largely because of the free datafeed, and they seem to be competitive.

400 clicks later, not a single sale. On the old merchant, I did better. Not great, but better.
    Same merchant but different network? That's got nothing to do with the network, it's the merchant - and maybe (probably?) your pages.

Has the nature of your inbound traffic changed, and more importantly, has your site and/or page changed much since the switch?

Did you look at the merchant's stats before you joined?

One problem I've had before is that I joined merchants that didn't convert only to realize some time later that this particular merchant hadn't had a sale in a year or more. When I finally understood how the stats worked at SAS I was a lot more careful when picking merchants. I'm sure I still have some of those inactive merchant links on sites that haven't been updated in ages.

Not sure why those merchants are still sitting at SAS looking "available" to get new affiliates?

When you join programs at SAS, always look at all the merchant stats; how long the program has been there, EPC (if it's 0 it might be brand new), offline status report, and the last compliance test (that's the last sale made for that merchant).

Catwoman

I would give it a little more time.

Another issue is timing. My sales have went in the gutter. People are spending their money on school clothes, school supplies, last minute vacations, higher summer utility bills, higher gasoline prices....etc. At least that is what I hope it is because my sales have dropped big time.

Hi, thanks for the replies. It's a different merchant, a competitor of the Befree one. The EPCs seem to be about the same, and they are generating commisions for others, and pass the compliance test a couple days ago.

I went to them because of SAS, and the datafeed, and they seem to be a decent merchant.

But 400 clicks, no sales. So, stick it out a little? Go for the price comparison thing? Go back to Befree?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    But 400 clicks, no sales. So, stick it out a little? Go for the price comparison thing? Go back to Befree?
    Hi,

Have you contacted the merchant or their AM to ask if they can help, have you reviewed the landing pages (and product pages) , is their datafeed up to date... lots if things could be wrong that need to be more deeply reviewed and followed up with the merchant directly before making any kind of decision.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I am in the opposite arena. I promoted a few new merchants and have (imo) too high of a CTR and conversion rate. Worried they might think something is up. Weird, never had the problem before.

Ohh, give me your problem!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread