Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    My Backyard is filled with junk, dirt, moss and dung. So I never visit that place [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    But I walked through it today and I am happy that I did.

I just watched from my gallery and found a small little parrot who wasn't able to fly and there were these crows and other scavangers hitting across that poor baby repeatedly.

Boy was I with only my shorts on and nothing else. oops I ran down and took it away from there. Thankfully he/she whatever gender it may be is fine enough and there aren't any serious injuries.

Now I gotta keep it until its fit to fly and then set it free to where it belongs.

Am I feeling good or what...Sheesh in the exchange I just forgot that I was filled with dung up and until my knees :eek:

Anyways, That's such a great feeling.

Regards
    TGO

Sheesh, if it was a multi-colored parrot I woudnt have ever let go of it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Where is Mumbai?
    :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    Actually the GRAY parrots are a lot smarter than the colorful ones.
    Don't ask me how I know this.
    I have the scars to prove it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Mumbai (India)
    India (Asia)
    Asia (one of 7 continents of the world)
    World (Just a part of the Universe)
    Universe (Me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

What ? What ? What ?
    Grey parrots ? What ?
    Are u talking of pigeons ? What ?

Well yeah ! even tough I saved it that poor little one was so scared and frustfrated it bit me on my fingers pulling the skin off on a numerous occassions..My right hand is bleeding a tip lol...But that's okay...

Regards
    TGO

Grey Parrots ? What ? Never Heard of them before ? What ?

Hey ur using "Cannot find server" that's supposed to be one of my most fav display names on the msn messenger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Parrots are one of the smartest creatures on the planet.

Maybe you should train up your new one to run CJ.

I

ABW Ambassador
    I

Lol...Thanks for the info....I know that dude...But the What ? was for grey parrots...What ? never heard of Grey colored parrots ...What ?

Yeah The parrot would run Cj better than anybody else.

If u want higher commissions..Just mail him across a few red chillies and a few young teeny girly parrots...lol...

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    Yah I know where India is. The reason I asked is that my wife is from an obscure island in the Caribbean and I was curious as to whether perhaps it may be in the same area.
    No I'm not talking about pigeons (or rock doves to our friends in the UK).
    African Gray parrots are much more intelligent than the other varieties.
    I won't tell the long and embarrassing story about the heretofore mentioned scars. Let's just say that the parrot once outsmarted me.
    And THANK YOU ICICLE for backing me up.
    And greetings TGO nice to meet you. Nice to see we have people from all over.

ABW Ambassador
    Yaaiks,
    Yeah refreshing my memory I had watched it on "Discovery" oops I just lost my memory for a while... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh Okies...Well that was just a playful joke...I is always ready to back everyone up lol

Regards
    TGO

Great to see ya Deelz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Maybe you should train up your new one to run CJ.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um I overheard that the reason CJ was down is because of a new deal struck with google. It seems CJ was very interested in the new pigeon technology.

PS.

Deelz

Thank you for the PM and because of the problem you found I was able to correct the whole problem I had spoke of. It turns out I had been looking into the wrong things and with your help I was pointed in the right direction.

ABW Ambassador
    Amit,

Glad the parrot is safe but brother get a shovel and make a path next time. One thing for sure is that your story is full of sh*t. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Parrots and ravens are quite likely the most intelligent animals on earth. I guess it's not the size of the brain but what you pack in it.

Mike

I have a gallery of parrots, with some grey parrots in!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I like parrots.. check out the gallery at Poozleanimus.

TGO, what kind of parrot was it? It can be my next addition [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    TGO...consider yourself lucky...even though we don't have to wade through the dung [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] A parrot is something we could never find (perhaps maybe an escapee, but unlikely). We get the occasional snake or lizard...maybe a squirrel....No way on the parrots...any chance of keeping it as a pet?

TGO, hows your parrot friend?

I like birds and I've rescued lots of pigeons. I'd like a parrot but the climate isn't suitable and I wouldn't want to be keeping it away from its parroty friends.

They are very good at logical thinking - they don't just mimic words - they can be taught to understand them too, and reason with them. I think at about the level of a four or five year old human.

More than adequate for running CJ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

Amit,

Cows in Santa Cruz!!!! :confused: Where exactly do you stay man!!

Deelz,
    You will understand better if I say, Mumbai = Bombay , Bombay's name was changed in 1996 to mumbai by the stupid shiv sena government.

Regards,
    Pranav.

ABW Ambassador
    Dr.Evil - Nah mate, it is a true incident not a story [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dynamoo-----
    Its the normal Green parrot with a black eye.
    Sheesh...I don't know much about birds..

TOM ------ Yeah there are plenty of birds around my locality, I see some strange sort of birds...but dont know any of their names [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well Nah not keeping it as a pet...It's to set free ...Just take care of it for some time until its fully fit...and then out ya go...of my house [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I ----- Mate he's doing just fine...He eats chillies lol...and i offer him my fingers for an occassional bite..lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

IG ---It's vakola, It wasn't cow dung mate...Its dung of a different kind lol...

Comprising of "Weeds, mud, water, green grass etc etc"

(Sticky path of grassland)

Regards
    TGO

Hi TGO how are you? long time no see.

I was just wondering did your friend Pranav have a parrot for a pet? and instead of him training the parrot to copy, the parrot taught him to copy (and paste)? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

TGO,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My Backyard is filled with junk, dirt, moss and dung<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can box that stuff up and make a killing with it on eBay, plus make .5 cents per lead. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe you can sell the dung to Sai Baba.
    The last batch of incense sticks I got from him were much thinner than normal.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Gordon,

Yeah my posting rate has gone down...lol...busy with projects, my gf's giving me a hard time these days...Family issues and all...

But I'll live for another 250 yrs...Ya Don't worry.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Tribune - That seems to be a great idea...hmm...ebay here I come..

deelz - SaiBaba's gone mate...I don't wanna go where he's gone..not so quickly.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll phone him up for you however, telling him that u wanted to talk to him...

Regards
    TGO

TGO - Great Work.
    But you must know that our kinda parrots are like sparrows among the African variety.
    And yes, the afro ones are 10x smarter....

Deelz - Saibaba is a Saint for more than 10 million in India and if they read what ou posted they'd want to kill you.
    Also he's dead now....
    Good for me I'm not a follower.

ABW Ambassador
    Sai Baba is gone?
    Well who's in charge now?
    I always hear so much about him and his escapades (judging from your comments, you know what I'm talking about), but then he dies and I hear nothing about it.
    I always thought it was rather odd that someone who has a personal reputation for debauchery and derring-do would not compromise on the quality of his products.
    What a character he was! My favorites were when he magically produced a watch out of thin air (a Seiko?) and the gold-smuggling thing.
    I've had parrots myself so I would strongly recomend that you purchase a package of NagChampa next time you go shopping. You WILL need it soon and it IS the best for masking the parrot-doo scent. Hope the bird is recovering well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    ceo-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Saibaba is a Saint for more than 10 million in India and if they read what ou posted they'd want to kill you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 10 million may be a slight exaggeration.
    More Indians have tried to kill him than have tried to kill me.
    I wouldn't compare him to Hitler, but I wouldn't let him get near my kids either.

TGO SAYS IT ALL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't wanna go where he's gone.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: deelz ]

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhh TGO - that was sooo nice of you. If it weren't for you the poor parrot would have probably been eatin alive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Amit and rickson,

Deelz is talking about the Tamil saibaba who is living. (the guy with long hair from tamil nadu who is currently operating in london -- The Shirdi Saibaba is not known to many out of india, sathya saibaba is a more popular western figure, many see him as a rouge and a cheat)

Regards,
    Pranav.

ABW Ambassador
    Pranav - Yeah when i read the next post of deelz I understood it..Cos surely he would have known that the shirdi SAIBABA has died centuries ago.EEKs i guess that it is centuries ago [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well yeah that SAIBABA - hmm, I too believe that he is a cheat...Could i lay my hands on him ? I would ask him his formulae of cheating nothing else...lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Jada - I love animals and birds...

Regards
    TGO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast