CJ~~~>Suggestion for "Get Html"
    CJ... is there anyway that you could hold all the updates to the html, when getting new links until we request it. Having to wait for each update to take place, before clicking the next option is time consuming. I believe the previous default links now named "legacy" allowed for this time savings.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I wrote cj awhile back and told them:

"If I choose more than one link and hit Get HTML, I am not given the choice to switch them over to Legacy Link Code. The option is only there when I choose a single link. If I have to do each link one at a time, this will take all day and to be honest, I will not bother."

Their reply:
    "Unfortunately, you will have to select one link at a time if you want to use the legacy links. Because the default to Get HTML is java script, you have to select the option of using the legacy link for each link."

I think they are just trying to make it harder on the affiliates in hopes they will just give up and use the LMI links.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    I think they are just trying to make it harder on the affiliates in hopes they will just give up and use the LMI links.
    Eventually, they'll realize that most of us will just give up and use (real) HTML links from networks that make it easy to get HTML links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

actually, I'm talking about the new links....even pulling those is like pulling teeth. I would hope that they could be more sensitive about the time needed to use the new link generation (java or not).

Seems to be a huge disconnect between the developers and Users...with the larger java issues being set aside for a second.

ABW Ambassador
    This is the biggest problem for many of us, as I get time I will eventually replace as many cj links with ones from other networks where it won't take me all day just to get links. It's very important that merchants understand how much this can affect us and hopefully they will get behind us on this and ultimately get CJ to at least let us have this feature back if nothing else.

I built a new site in the last few days and seriously tried to get it to work with the js links but it caused a number of problems, I tried to use an alternating banner system for small 88x31. I loaded up about 15 different merchants banners using the js links and loaded 3 up on a page at one time (not too much expectations). It had some problems and often the page would not load. I then switched them all over to html links and it worked fine. I also got errors trying to Validate some of the js links as well so that was it and I won't use them like that again. I have used a few js links sprinkled on sites and are quite good for certain things but we really want the same features we had before with the html links.
    Last edited by glittered; August 7th, 2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added some more details
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Before, when I used to try to get a few links to use on the smartzones, I just right clicked on the links that I wanted to get, and opened those links on a new window, so I didn't have to get just one at the time.

I haven't got any new links lately, so I don't know if you can still do that or not.

I only know that I always have saved some time, by opening almost everything on a new window when I am at CJ.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I tried for hours to get Levono IBM thinkpad links in either LMI javascript or HTML and NONE of the offerings were for anything but expired (or soon to be expired coupons & limited time deals). None of the java script links changed as promised to new offers and dead end on some cookie washing error page.

See samples at http://www.ecomcity.com/bargains.htm before I trash those Thinkpad links too! .... We're here to help! We are happy to place your order via tele
    1-866-96-THINK
    1-866-968-4465

WTF.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    One of the problems with the concept of javascript and "updating links" is merchants still need to update on their end. If they don't, then you have outdated "js updating links" on your site. People seem to forget that part. Think about it. If an AM doesn't update the links, it'll reflect on your site. And from listening to the podcast I linked to in the other thread, there is an extra step to updating links. Merchants have to get CJ to do it.

Mike just gave an example:

"None of the java script links changed as promised to new offers and dead end on some cookie washing error page."

Merchant needs to update on their end, if not, your site will reflect it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Eventually, they'll realize that most of us will just give up and use (real) HTML links from networks that make it easy to get HTML links.
    The adoption of links must have slowed since this switch. Now is the time to start ramping up holiday links and do a big push. Make it possible to bulk generate HTML links and a lot more will go up over the holidays.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread