Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trip to Denver
    Hello all,

Took a trip to Colorado last week for a friend's wedding and, of course, I packed the camera. Here are the results:

Enjoy!

awesome! i'm born and raised in colorful colorado.. and those photos are still stunning to me!
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Rocky Mountain High
    Happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful state Jon. I'm leaving today to join my brother and his wife for a 5 day camping / fly fishing trip in a beautiful area that's situated at 10,300 ft.

I've lived up here off and on for the past 35 years and still marvel at some of the beautiful mountain scapes. Hope you get back for another visit someday.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by jgoode
    awesome! i'm born and raised in colorful colorado.. and those photos are still stunning to me!
    Thanks jgoode! This was my first trip to Colorado and I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful state Jon. I'm leaving today to join my brother and his wife for a 5 day camping / fly fishing trip in a beautiful area that's situated at 10,300 ft.

I've lived up here off and on for the past 35 years and still marvel at some of the beautiful mountain scapes. Hope you get back for another visit someday.

Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous.

Great pics! PM me next time you're in CO. I'd be glad to show you some great photo sites that most folks don't find unless they've lived here for many years.
    ~Ernie

Catch & Release
    Hey Jon - just got word we aren't leaving until tonight - my wife had to fill in for a friend - so a little later start than we had planned. But I'll be sure to release a nice rainbow trout for you!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

We gathered 35 family members from all over the country last August and camped at the KOA outside Fort Collins. I highly recommend it. What beautiful country. My husbands family lives in Loveland and we try to get there every year or so.

colorado, amazing

went the last summer but it was scoarching hot and mountains were burning (forest fire) but still stunning views
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    Great pics! PM me next time you're in CO. I'd be glad to show you some great photo sites that most folks don't find unless they've lived here for many years.

That's a deal, erninator! I'd love to get the "locals" tour. I can only imagine the beauty of the spots that are off the beaten path.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    We gathered 35 family members from all over the country last August and camped at the KOA outside Fort Collins. I highly recommend it. What beautiful country. My husbands family lives in Loveland and we try to get there every year or so.
    I actually had plans to go up to Loveland Pass, but unfortunately I ran out of time. I've heard the views from up in that area are amazing!

Sorry, I didn't realize I was logged in under the first account I created, which I no longer use.

The above "merchant_noob" posts are actually me.

I'm going to delete that account to cut down on the (my) confusion.

I actually had plans to go up to Loveland Pass, but unfortunately I ran out of time. I've heard the views from up in that area are amazing!
    I'm not familiar with the names of anything except Estes Park, of course, but everything within view of the Rockies (either side) is usually stunning. We love to visit Loveland because the life-like bronze sculptures are everywhere. They even have a special sculpture park you walk through. They have the casting facilities there I think. It's fun to drive around town and especially around the lake and spot new sculptures.

We just decided yesterday to make a quick run out there week after next. There's a great Italian restaurant in Fort Collins and we're going to take M-I-L there for her 95th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    I'm not familiar with the names of anything except Estes Park, of course, but everything within view of the Rockies (either side) is usually stunning. We love to visit Loveland because the life-like bronze sculptures are everywhere. They even have a special sculpture park you walk through. They have the casting facilities there I think. It's fun to drive around town and especially around the lake and spot new sculptures.

We just decided yesterday to make a quick run out there week after next. There's a great Italian restaurant in Fort Collins and we're going to take M-I-L there for her 95th birthday.

Take HWY 34 from Loveland to Estes park, then south to Nederland on the Peak-to-Peak Hwy. Continue south to Blackhawk & Central City and return thru Denver. This is one of the top scenic routes when the aspen turn color in September.

Glad you liked the sculpture park in Loveland. I was the planning consultant for that project. Also, in 1976, I headed the Big Thompson Recovery Planning project to fund and re-build the infrastructure after the big flood.
    ~Ernie

http and a telephoto
    Cool photos!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Glad you liked the sculpture park in Loveland. I was the planning consultant for that project. Also, in 1976, I headed the Big Thompson Recovery Planning project to fund and re-build the infrastructure after the big flood.
    The sculpture park and the pieces scattered around the town are a huge draw for us. We have a family tradition of photos there - the guys all have to pose with the reclining gorilla. The little kids all run around and "pose" with different pieces. We look forward to a walk through that park every time. We also try to spot new pieces as we drive around.

Thanks for the scenic tour directions. I'll write them down and take them with. There's an old family story about the time my S-I-L knew a "shortcut" to the Coors plant and they were driving around in the mountains all day.

A River Runs Through It...
    If any member enjoys fly fishing and you are out this way someday, just let me know and I'll be happy to hook you up (no pun intended).

I used to guide on the side for a friend who owns a great Orvis shop here in CO. It was a nice way to break up the office routine every ten days or so. I don't guide any more (like fishing for myself too much) but I'd be happy to introduce ABW visitors to some beautiful rivers with great rainbow and brown populations.

Cheers

28mm for those photos?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Ya I was wondering about the camera and lens myself. Cool effect. Especially on the Coors Field one. Most digitals dont have wide angle lenses. So what is it? I know one new digital camera has like a 22mm lens for small rooms etc.

I love Colorado myself. I have been to Durango Silverton etc at least 3 times. Denver twice I think. Once fun. Once work...

Quote Originally Posted by SALocalcom
    28mm for those photos?
    Actually 11mm, which is equivalent to a 22mm on a 35mm camera (my camera has a 2x multiplier).

I bought the lens (which is a 11-22mm) prior to going on the trip and I couldn't be happier with it. Olympus actually makes a wider one (7-14mm) but it's a little out of my price range ($1,800 )

Actually, my buddy just borrowed my camera to take pictures of his bosses jet, which is for sale, and used the wide angle for the interior shots and they are unbelievable! I'll try and post some up here so you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlevine
    it's a little out of my price range ($1,800 )
    A little out of your range? Gee, that's what my Goldwing cost me. When I get done in Marfa, I'll be spending a pretty good chunck of change on a sailboat, but $1800 on a lens....no.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin-1752[url="http://www.salocal.com/goldwing/goldwing_tech.htm"][/url]

Great tip on the Olympus wide angle. I switched from 35mm to a digital Olymplus C-60 and really need a wide angle for pics I take of log homes I've designed. The interior shots work great with the 22mm SLR lens.
    ~Ernie

When I get done in Marfa, I'll be spending a pretty good chunck of change on a sailboat,
    Details.......please. What kind of sailboat? We sail on Lake Michigan (and East of Florida when we get the chance)

Great Pics Jon...
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Quote Originally Posted by harrymond
    Great Pics Jon...
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast