Yes, I know yours is great, but I want to here from some non-freebie site owners, who have used them, too.

ABW Ambassador
    Ssanf,
    I don't have a lot of experience with Freebie sites, however, have you thought about signing up with somebody like Fastclick? You probably won't be able to retire on it, but it you can make a little on that traffic.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I pulled every FREEBEE affiliate enabled offering off my 7 sites 3 years ago. My complaints via e-mail dropped immediately to zero. I respect my shoppers too much to allow some schemer to dupe them into giving them nothing of real value for a potential reward. Like scumware it's what hidden under the FREEBEE that now worries web surfers.

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Sanf

Make your own FREEBIE site. Here's an example you can copy.
    http://www.mastermcom.net/freestuff.html

Post only REALLY free stuff on it. The only exception to this rule should be if the deal has real value...like VistaPrint.

Keep the choices to a minimum. Keep the deals that convert well and replace those that do not as you go along. With your traffic, you should do okay.

I use mostly use Diretleads and Websponsor stuff as they both PAY. If you need a link to join them go to www.clickhere2findit.com and look under the category INTERNET to join.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Make your own FREEBIE site. Here's an example you can copy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fred, thanks for the idea but that is what I am trying to avoid.

As if I don't have enough to do! LOL

Yes, I want REAL freebies. Not just some junk with a zero price tag and then require the viewer to whip out their credit card to pay for inflated shipping and handling. I have tried those programs and sent them thousand of viewers. They don't convert worth beans.

I guess the pay off to the merchant must be the e-mail address.

No suggestions, huh?

Hi SSanf,

I haven't visitedThe Free Site in awhile so can't say for sure they have what you want, but I think it may be a good place for you to start. They pretty much list anything and everything that is free on the Net.
    Good Luck

Ps To my above post.

That was pretty nice of Fred to let you copy his free page, even though it wasn't what you needed.

I'm sure everyone will think there is some hidden motive for Fred to do so, and maybe there is, but still nice of him to do so. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Tribune,

I have tried to e-mail you regarding your PM, but i don't have your e-mail and when trying to send from ABW i get this "Sorry, either the user or the board administrator is blocking access to this email address. "

Send me an e-mail at my office e-mail below on Monday and i will reply to your special PM request.

Have a great weekend...

Andy,

Thanks... Will do.

Tribune that looks like a nice site but I don't see where they have an affiliate program any more. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fred IS nice. He is just a heck of a lot more straightforward than what most people are comfortable with.

His motives are usually not too hidden. It is kind if like "I will be happy to help you but what about ME? If you succeed, I want my share."

And, in sells, that IS the motive. Most people are more subtle than Fred but the meaning is usually the same. I like him just the way he is. It avoids a lot of confusion for me and, gosh knows, I get confused easily. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SSanf,

As to your comments about Fred... I agree, with the following disclaimer.

On second thought no disclaimer, I just agree. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

SSanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes, I want REAL freebies. Not just some junk with a zero price tag and then require the viewer to whip out their credit card to pay for inflated shipping and handling. I have tried those programs and sent them thousand of viewers. They don't convert worth beans.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying to figure out how I can help you, but I am a little confused, like what is new.

If there was a true site that gave away real items of value and they didn't charge inflated shipping and handling, how could they pay you to send someone to there site to buy something when there something is free. :confused: ???

Help me help you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Websponsors has some great offers that
    usually fully explain what your visitors
    will be receiving.

Are you an affiliate of Websponsors?

If so you can put their search box
    on your site. You can view one of them
    on my freebies site at:
    http://www.freebies-galore.com

(right-hand side of page)

They have different searchboxes you can
    choose. I get more lead commissions
    from the search box than the listed
    text links, and there is No updating
    required.

Incorporate it in your site with something
    like "Looking for Free Stuff, then ..."

If you're not yet a Websponsor affiliate,
    then when/if you apply, you may wish
    to use one of your "Mom" pages as the
    URL you wish approved. Just in case they're
    "picky" about pagan sites.

BTW, I stopped paying much attention to
    my poor old Freebie Site two years ago.
    I keep it only because it does generate
    some dollars and pays for itself and then
    some. It really needs a complete overhaul
    though!

Anne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Websponsors does offer an OK "freebie" mirror site, but 99% of it is the "free product/trial offer, but pay shipping costs" type of deal.
    No, they don't seem to be picky about who they accept for their program. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anne, I have been a member of Websponsors for awile now and usually do pretty good with them. I didn't know about the search box. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ssanf, if you do join Websponsors now they require you to have some kind of privacy policy now listed on your site. I think they have generic ones that you can use on their site. The thing I don't like about that is that if I send them a referral they will decline it and probably send them an email stating the privacy policy. I wonder if that takes away my referral when they reapply. Other than that I like websponsors and haven't had any problems with them.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I'll take a look at it. I am just about to drop the idea of freebies since there doesn't seem to be much these days. I just wanted to include them in my site and, of course, earn a little from them.

I thought the pay off for the advertiser was that an email address where the person has opted in, as they do to get the freebies, was of some economic value and that is why they paid for leadsand gave awy the free stuff. Maybe not.
    :rolleyes:

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

We used to make some serious money with a FREEBIE Of The WEEK page.

Every week we'd post a different freebie link
    with an explanation of the details.

That was the only link plus a CPM banner as the sponsor and an outlink to find more freebies that went to BendOver.

If you could get 1,000 people a week to go to that type of page, you could probably make
    about $50 per month from it.

We were doing about $1,000 net per month with this one page when you added it all up after paying affiliates 3 cents per click.

You need the CPM deal to make sure you cover your costs. Most of the lead deals converted at about 3% to 5%...except some FREE Shop stuff which did 15% plus we got 5 cents per click to send people to see get specific freebies.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread