Thank You ValueClick, Thank You CJ
    As frustrated as I have been about the forced change to javascript links (which I refuse to do), I have to say this event, this change, has a silver lining. First, it prompted me to look for other merchants outside of CJ for my nearly 100 current sites. Second, and this is what surprised me, but due to my active and sometimes very vocal criticism of CJ here on the forums about LMI, I have had several networks and merchants contact me asking me to join their programs. Not only join, but help test their new datafeeds, links, etc. Now, a few months after the news of JS, I'm now making more in commissions from those new relationships than I ever was at CJ. And the beauty of it is, I never changed one single CJ link.

I was a bit hesitant to start removing my CJ links for these new merchants but now actively doing so as I see the positive results.

Thanks ValueClick, Thanks CJ, for making me realize there is a lot more out there than just a couple of big networks trying to monopolize the way we do things.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 8th, 2006 at 10:10 AM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

So are you going to start wearing one of those "Thanks LMI!" buttons that I hear some employees of the other networks are making?

I'm seeing similar results. I've focused my attention on several networks that I had neglected in the past and am seeing good results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    For more insight into the changes going on at CJ, see page 120 (just inside back cover) of the July/August 2006 Revenue magazine.

15 years and counting
    Good move, Ron.
    I don't get upset anymore over CJ. There's a life beyond them and their corporate bs. I'm learning again how to make money without them. I'm going to miss the easy money of their beginning and the fat checks. I've yet to find the single merchant able to bring me as much money as CJ in one take but I'm getting there. I've my own network of reliable indies. I've been with some for over 6 years and 8 years for my top one.
    I was getting lazy working mainly with "a couple of big networks"

Ron,

There is nothing like success to show what works! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I was getting lazy working mainly with "a couple of big networks"
    As was I. Yes, it is so easy to grab a CJ datafeed and get hundreds of products up in minutes, but I certainly was losing my creativity and deversity with my sites, too.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread