Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Rugman.com Affiliate Program Changes
    Hi all. Please be sure to check your email for the latest Rugman.com communication regarding program changes.

We are ending our affiliate program on the ShareASale Network on August 31st, 2006 and migrating all of our affiliate tracking to our existing program on the Commission Junction Marketplace. Although ShareASale has given us great relationships, by maintaining more than one Affiliate Network Program we have run into multiple issues resulting in double payouts and increased administrative costs. Therefore, we have found it necessary to return to our original and more established Affiliate platform.

To ensure payment on all sales, you will need to switch your Rugman.com tracking links over from ShareASale to Commission Junction by August 31, 2006. We will be working to make sure that your application is approved when you join the Commission Junction Marketplace, and to make your transition as smooth as possible. If by chance your application is declined, please email us at Affiliates@Rugman.com.

There are many more details in the letter, but I wanted to be sure to get this posted here as well for those of you who are communicating through the forum.

We want to thank Brian Littleton and the entire ShareASale Team for all that they do and for their efforts since our joining of the program in February.

Should you need to contact me, my information is as follows:

Doug Gebhardt, Affiliate Manager
    Rugman.com Affiliate Program
    Management Team
    P: (905) 201-5644
    E: Affiliates@rugman.com
    MSN: Affiliates@rugman.com

I will do my best to find out the answers to any questions for you.

Cheers!

Doug Gebhardt
    Rugman.com

Wrong choice.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    For sure.

Doug,

I'm curious as to how datafeeds will be available to affiliates, once the change-over has taken place?

Will we be able to get this feed directly from a Rugman source, or will we have to pay CJ the $200 to gain access to this feed?

I just (like yesterday) made my new datafeed site live, and since I'm still tweaking it, want to get all changes in place while I still have the time.

Thanks.

EDIT: oh man...didn't even think about the LMI issues - hope that is one month of work that doesn't go to complete waste.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Wrong choice.
    Certainly it was not an EASY choice to make, but in the end we had to go with where we had the broader base. ShareASale has been nothing but good to us, but we could no longer maintain both programs.

Doug,

I think you are going to have to give your affiliates a lot more reasons why they should spend the time and effort to convert everything over to CJ. What extras are you offering (like a free datafeed).

You really should reconsider. Other merchants are doing multiple networks with little to no problems and affiliates are very happy about this.

Perhaps you have not noticed, but the good ship USS Commission Junction left port without a map and without proper provisions (but I don't want to turn this into a CJ bashing post).

Just reconsider.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    A sad day indeed. I would of thought it would of been an obvious choice to dump CJ not SaS

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Oooooooooh

That would explain the email I rec'd from Greg Tabar at ValueClick

Sorry, but without ARC and SAS, I would need to drop them.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    PPC turned off. Looking for alternate rug merchants. PM me if you're interested in being reviewed for my rug site and it's heavy ppc dedicated solely and exclusively to your rug lineup. I'm a very low maintenance affiliate and can produce outstanding results. My EPC at Rugman in July was over $230, more than twice their overall average. I send only good, pre-qualified traffic that converts and can raise your program's EPC as I sell.

Sent my fond farewells to Doug, Shane and Farida - they are very fine people and have a great website and products. They also know how hard I urged them to join SAS and ditch the nasty partners CJ sticks in their program (I have reported parasites and trademark poachers galore, all from CJ, to rugman many times and have posted about it here several times as well). The choice to go with CJ is theirs, but it's completely in conflict with my business model and the success I've had behind my choices.

Goodbye Rugman, it's been a fun and profitable ride, especially at SAS.

If you ever return to SAS, I'll be standing at the door, eager and ready to join you again if you'll have me. I love your program, your products and your people - but not this decision.

Good luck going forward! I wish you guys good luck and fortune!

Oh well, there goes the free datafeed, so now there would be about 9843 products pages from rugman to delete.

The only good news is that we got this notice now, and not during the busy season in the next few months.

C'est la vie!

Arggghhh! I Hate it when the time machine gets stuck in "backwards"
    "broader base" .. for how long?
    I don't comprehend "double payouts" on a single sale on separate networks ... got to be an inhouse tracking error/issue ... not a multi-network issue.
    Give us until years end ... live at SAS on 2/21/06; Less than 6 months and calling it quits?

Yep ... good bye rugman and good bye to my targetted domain too. I'm also looking for a replacement.

Sue.

Don't worry Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing, as some of you have already noticed by reading other comments I've made, I am very outspoken and have no problem bashing CJ for their recent decisions.
    I understand the decision rugman made based on their current affiliate base, but I wonder how much of that existing base will be shifting to SAS once the CJ smoke has cleared? We hope to see you back at SAS soon rugman.

Guess it was just bad-timing to go live the other day (one thing after another...LMI, Google, This, ARC not managing the program, you name it).

Now...how to find suitable fill-ins for my site...
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Outsourced Program Manager
    Wow.

Farida, you know I think you're great, but this is a horrible, horrible decision.

Affiliate Manager
    Well, as far as the datafeeds go, I am working on that right now and will fill you all in as I find out more.

Only problem, Doug, is the folks already at CJ that don't make enough to get free feeds are now going to expect you to give them to them for free too if the SAS affiliates end up getting them for free. You may be opening a can of worms.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Donuts, I got your email and I thank you for your kind words and sentiments. You are a great guy and a great Affiliate Partner. You know you will be missed in our program. Feel free to contact me/us for any reason in future though, even just to say "HEY" or WHAT a GREAT program I just found

Internet Cowboy
    No matter how hard you try to show some people the right way to do things, they simply will not listen. They choose the path of least resistance, which is most often the path to mediocrity. In this case it is the path to mediocrity, fraud and a complete reliance upon a network that has proven to be anything but stable.
    I had the management at Rugman pegged to make better decisions than this. I was wrong.

Deleted rows: 9189 (Query took 12.2315 sec)
    That sucked ... but at least was easy enough

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Only problem, Doug, is the folks already at CJ that don't make enough to get free feeds are now going to expect you to give them to them for free too if the SAS affiliates end up getting them for free. You may be opening a can of worms.
    Hmmm. Alas, nothing is easy. Let me see what I can come up with. Your point is valid.

Just not sure you were seeing this from an affiliate point of view and hate for you to get your CJ affiliates all in an uproar over this too.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'll follow you to CJ if you make Goldencan free of the 4th click. Not worth it otherwise...

Now to find a place to point that 301 redirect for any residual organic traffic. As Donuts said PPC off.

I set all of my Rugman.com links to expire on 8/31. I'm not following you back to CJ. In case you haven't noticed, affiliates are moving away from CJ in droves.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast