Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    B2B affiliates??
    Are there any B2B affiliates out there?
    Somebody approached me and asked me to look into a B2B affilaite program for their website.

They are in a reward incentive prog,

Any comments thoughts.

Tough vertical. Only a small percentage of active affiliates will have a relevant site. Also, depends on the sales cycle.

But god knows I'm working hard to get somethng going though
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Lightbulb
    I thought B2B included anything you could sell to or do for a business. Janitorial and office supplies are the first things I think of but there must be many categories (advertising specialties, specialty printing, etc.) that would make one automatically B2B.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I thought B2B included anything you could sell to or do for a business. Janitorial and office supplies are the first things I think of but there must be many categories (advertising specialties, specialty printing, etc.) that would make one automatically B2B.
    that is true. you can be selling toilet paper to a biz and you are a b2b.

i think the travel for b2b is relatively harder to get off the ground. maybe an appealing commission might get some affiliate to look into your prog
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

You're right Herb. I was thinking more along the lines of business services when I was indicating a tough vertical. But anytime a business buys from you, it's b2b.

The other tough vertical, from a b2b perspective, is capital equipment. It gets bought off the web a lot (eBay, direct, et al), but noone is really pushing it through affiliate marketing.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

You know what?

This year I have had about 2-3 B2B potential clients come to me and ask to set up affiliate programs and generally i have said, sorry, very few affiliates out there that do b2b.

So if there are any out there - would be great to hear from you and where you have succeeded/failed - because there are opportunities sitting and waiting for you. Tougher market, but probably good returns.

Cheers

Serge

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    The other tough vertical, from a b2b perspective, is capital equipment. It gets bought off the web a lot (eBay, direct, et al), but noone is really pushing it through affiliate marketing.
    and what is unfortunate is that some merchants have it but don't put it in their datafeed so we can push it. If I remember right, Northern Tool has rebuilt machinery, bucket loaders, etc., but I don't think I see it in there for us to peddle. (may be wrong about it)

on another note, we all have stuff that businesses can use, from page design services right down to multiple phone systems. just a matter of being seen by the right searchers.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread