Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Opened their own store? Maybe yahoo, ttadirect, vstore, or just gotten a wholesale supplier and gone ahead and done it..
    Would love to hear your experiences or ideas, whether good or bad..

I opened a vstore but I don't think they are much good.There conversion rates are rubbish.

ABW Ambassador
    Same here. VStore is one of the first things I ever tried. No results. Zilch.
    TTA charges $100 for the "privilege" of selling their stuff for them. Why pay to learn the same lesson twice?
    The disappointing experience with VStore did at least serve to motivate me to get up off my butt and learn how to do something myself.

See my PM, I sent you some info on finding wholesale product suppliers.

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

ABW Ambassador
    <font size="6"><span style="background-color: #FFFF00">VSTORE SUCKS BIG TIME</span></font></p>

Lol, Breeze, that certainly gets your point across.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Justdoit,

What do you mean? I'm confused because I thought that's what we all are here for unless you mean something else. :confused:

Back at CJU there was someone (Oveb?) who bought a bunch o stuff cheap, cheap in China and resold at nice profits via their sites (Norwegian I seem to recall).

Back burner is cooking up some drop shipping, but most of the pots and pans are full of standard affiliate marketing right now, sorry.

Well, we still do.

In February, we had enough to start our own privately held stock company.

We import goods from a very modern Canadian-owned factory in China. The products are excellent, we have a return rate of less than 0.1 percent.

Our fourth shipment is in stock, 20.000 units at roughly $0.20 each including taxes, freight etc. We order and talk shipment details on email, and transfer cash with our online bank.

The prices differ, because we have three different products, but it goes approx. like this:

We sell one unit for abt. $4.00, and 10 units for abt. $2.80 each and have the best prices on the Norwegian market. Talk about profit margin!
    On top of that, we charge double our shipping/packing costs. (Stamps, boxes, and my salary)

One of our offline competitors just cut their prices with 30% because of us, but still can't compete. We're just smiling and watching how their expensive offline branding and marketing, drives their prices up to where they can't compete.

They are well known in the market because of this heavy marketing, but we market our products for free on three of the largest female websites in the country. (Our own) The product is for women.

We see an increase in orders from week to week, as the word gets out, (We've only been doing it for 8 months) and there are a lot of repeat customers. (They use this product monthly, and no, the product is not for use during the "period".)

I quit my daytime job 4 months ago, and use two hours each day on this project. One hour on the orders to check validity, fraud etc. (We give 10 days credit, rich country...), and one hour on packing. The rest of the time, I read Abestweb, play MOHAA, and do some strategic thinking on the couch... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I have to propose to my G/F too. I said I could afford to marry her if we could make $100.000 in a year online. (We live on the web.) After 7 years, it's happening. I'll be down on my knees sometime this summer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

On top of that, I'm about to become a father. She's expecting in only 40 days, so life is smiling at the moment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So obviously, I'll say: Go for it!
    Check out the competition.
    But do remember to have a nice, fat profit margin. Especially when you have to pay for the eyballs that reads your ads. There must be profit to cover the marketing costs.
    Our marketing costs are only our hosting bill, so we're lucky.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    One possible source for individuals looking to resell products would be to check out The Thomas Register , which is a list of manufacturers here in the U.S. . Most of these companies sell to resellers. Find a manufacturer that is reasonably close to you, and perhaps you can arrange to resell products. Many of these same sources import for resell as well, so it's possible to find cheap products without going through the hassle of importing. Just a thought!

ABW Ambassador
    OveB is right on the button-
    Take your own lead and JUST DO IT! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heyder, I didn't mean any offense.
    I just though it was funny how you got your point across so vividly..and boldly.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

OveB: I say marry her BEFORE the baby comes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread