Can I use another website to promote the products
    Hi all,

I am new to the field of affiliate marketing. Can i join the Linkshare network with more than one website ? If yes, how can I add more websites? If no, then I've joined some merchants through Linkshare network and got the HTML codes for text links. I want to know whether I can use these HTML codes in some other websites of mine, other than the one with which I've joined the network.

Thanks in advance
    Aravind

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Aravind,
    If you are going to have more than one website, you can create a separate channel for that website. Follow these steps to set up your multiple channels:
    -- Go to Update Profile from the Home Page
    -- Scroll down to Create Channel and select the Create Channel button
    -- Complete the form and hit Update

If you choose to set up multiple channels, you will need to re-apply individually to each merchant. To create links, you will need to select the channel from the drop down at the top of the interface. You will also need to use this drop down to run reports because there is no aggregate reporting via the channel method.

If you do not want to create multiple channels, you can put links on other sites as long as you own and/or operate those sites.

Ranae

hi Ranae,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply.

Regards
    Aravind

I wanted to do the same thing to put GoldenCan links up on some of the merchants I don't feel like spending time updating. Which would be better? Create a seperate channel or use my existing pid? I don't want hits/sales from my existing sites to get confused with GoldenCan hits/sales on another site.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Leeann,
    It sounds like setting up a separate channel for your GoldenCan merchants would work. Just keep in mind that if you do set up a new channel and want to work with a merchant that you are working with in a different channel, you will need to re-apply to that merchant program. For example channel A is part of the Wal-Mart program, if you want to work with Mal-Mart in your channel B site, you will have to re-apply to Wal-Mart.

Ranae

Ranae
    Ummm uh oh....wish I had read this post before what I read at Linkshare. If I have more than one web site I thought reading something there that I was supposed to create a separate channel for the other web site. Then came across where I don't have to do that. Found that out after already creating it. Would rather just keep everything simple and under just the one account if that's ok to do. If I already created that other channel can I still place the same links I've been using on both web sites or do I have to create different links now that the new channel was created and if I can use the same links on both web sites do I have to undo the new channel that was created or do something to get rid of it?

Purplebear,
    As I understand your post, you just want to use one channel to get links for all your sites. You can go back to using your original channel for all your sites. Just keep in mind that if you applied to a program in your second channel that you are not in the program for the first channel you will either have to get the links for that program from the second channel or apply to the program using your first channel.

Most affiliates would like to see the different reporting, so that is why we recommend setting up multiple channels. As long as you do not need to see separate reporting for your different sites, I would just use one channel.

I hope I did not confuse you thoroughly!

Ranae

Ranae
    Thank you very much for answering my question And so quickly too....sure you weren't peeking over my shoulder while I was typing it?? Just teasing

Yeap, my other site is just a smaller site with only certain products on it. I'm already affiliated with the few merchants that will have their products on that site. I have their links already on the larger site and just intend to put a few links for certain products on the smaller site. Nope, not intending on applying to any other sites regarding the smaller site.
    I can understand why some might want the reporting but not really an issue with me. I'll be able to tell from type of products purchased which site any sales would be coming from so it seems simpler just having the one channel.

So, do I need to make any changes to my account since I had already created that second channel or is it ok to leave things the way they are? Always have this fear when changing anything with account that something will go wrong and the entire account will be deleted. lol

Nope, didn't confuse me Umm you may start wondering about yourself though since you were able to understand my question so easily.
    Thank you again very much for answering my question Appreciate it

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread