Revenue from networks by signing up webmasters?
    Hi there,

(This question might have been raised thousand times here. If so, please bear with me. Any good thread you can direct me to?)

I'd like to create a site with information on money making opportunities for webmasters in a certain niche. Ideally, following my suggestions webmasters would go to sign up at advertising networks like CJ, LinkShare, whatever.

Now the question: are there any benefits I'd gain by sending sign-ups to these sites? Do they have tiers for sign-ups or flat fees or bonuses and bounties? All of them, or only a couple of them?

Apparently I'll have to do my homework and go one by one. All I'd like to know for now is what I can expect in general. If you could throw in a couple of tips regarding the specifis networks, that would be even more appreciated

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I know SAS does. I know CJ and LS used to, they might still not sure. I'm sure someone else will know. Don't think Performics has/had one.

Most of the networks don't offer much, but some indie programs offer nice second tier commissions. I know a guy who used to do over six figures a month. 90% of it was second tier commissions.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I have a portal for affiliates at Azam.biz where I refer people to networks. Must say the income has been abysmal. Most networks only pay a couple of dollars per sign-up and the more generous ones pay 5% of the income generated by affiliates you refer to them. However, the vast vast majority of affiliates earn zilch - which means you earn zilch.

If you do pick affiliate networks to promote, try to focus on the ones that pay you a percentage lifetime commission of affiliates you refer to them. If you lucky enough to sign-up a big hitter, you could earn significant sums in the long term.

ABW Ambassador
    You can make $150 from SAS for each merchant signed up through your links.

In my experience Sharesale's reliable when it comes to this.
    I say we hit it hard and we hit it fast with a major, and I mean "major" leaflet campaign.
    Arnold J. Rimmer : Jupiter Mining Corporation

Wouldn't you expect a lot more than $150 for finding a merchant and getting them to sign-up to a particular network?

Thanks to all who responded.

I took a look at Azam's site, and the 10 tips there were useful in my plan to set up a matrix showing features of programs.

Yes, I understand there is a scale difference between sending a webmaster and a merchant to a network.

Sure, I won't exclude indy programs from my collection.

My niche is a hobby. People running sites in this area are less tech-savvy, and the majority of them are small fry hobbyists. They'd probably won't become top-tier affiliate marketers.

Since my post I figured out that CJ still offered their sign-up program. To find it I entered Commission Junction in the "Get Links" section, and got to the Commission Junction Recruiter Program. Their commission start from $2 per publisher and goes up to $4, and pay 20%-28% of the network access fee for advertisers.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread