geographic location no longer included?
    You guys are probably gonnna tell me it has been gone for quite some time lol but I just noticed the geographic location option under the reports is no longer included. I liked knowing where the sales were coming from. Anyone else notice that or just me?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i have never seen that feature..
    but what do i know.

I know that LS has the ability to turn on/off some features. i will check and see with the LS AM

Thank you Eric Yeap, it's actually always been my favorite feature. To be honest....doesn't really help me too much but if I wanted to run ads in a certain geographic location or it could tell me where a product might be popular maybe. I just love knowing what areas of the country my sales are coming from and Linkshare as far as I know is the only network that gives me access to that. I can find it using Googles Analytics but since I'm still in learning process with it....it's easier this way

ABW Ambassador
    This is just a guess but it's possible that it was no longer reliable with all the mergers, sales, etc. of ISPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    This is just a guess but it's possible that it was no longer reliable with all the mergers, sales, etc. of ISPs.
    When results come up as no data using the Googles Analytics I suppose that's the reason then? I know the numbers (I think that's the isp that every computer has?) but I've never known how others can tell what it is. Kinda like a kid in a candy store learning how you can find all kinds of information. And...I'm just using something basic...would really be lost using something technical. lol :0

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    The Geographic Report was recently removed because it was underutilized and our merchants were not always able to send us the zip code information on their customers.

Ranae

Thank you Ranae for answering my post. Usually I'm the last to know about something since I'm not always the most observant person in the world at times. lol I can understand your removing it if others weren't using it. Hmmm maybe I was the only one using it. lol Naaah somebody else had to be too.

Geographical info? That sounds soo freakin cool! I would love to see if people from New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, Canada and the U.K. etc were clicking through.

I've been trying to get my website people to put google analytics tracking code into the website for weeks now.

i know they had in in 2000-2001 but i have never used that since then.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

IronChef253

Don't know who your affiliates are but if they're anything like me..... yeapThese are my countries listed for the week ....and yeap I think it's really cool, too. You shoulda seen my face the first time I saw it. lol I went from having absolutely no stats except amount of visitors as in just a number to seeing this. lol It's just an example for a week but seems like for whatever the reason is I have visitors everyday from the US, Belgium, UK, Canada and Austrailia. Somebody once tried explaining to me but don't think I understood them correctly so I think probably a good number of these are from people requesting reciprocal links and not actually visitors looking to buy because I receive a lot of them. But...I went from being somebody who never even saw a computer til I got mine about 6 years ago now I guess to having people in these countries sitting around looking at my site. lol I'm just totally fascinated by it. In the beginning I had to force myself to leave Google or I'd have just stayed there all day looking and trying to analyze all the stats. I wish I could talk to them all and make friends with them. I'm just a little guy affiliate so the lists from the big guys I'm sure would really blow your mind. lol I'm starting to get the impression I was the only person using the geographic location at Linkshare. lol I loved it and really miss it but guess I understand if others weren't using it why they did away with it. Still miss it, though.

US, Belgium, UK, not set ? (still not quite sure what that means)India, Canada, Austrailia, Brazil, Vietnam, Spain, Thailand, Venezuela, South Africa, Denmark, Indonesia, France, Islamic Republic of Iran, Singapore, Argentina, Sweden, Hungary, Greece, satellite provider, New Zealand, Aruba, Ireland, Ghana, Slovenia, Europe, Poland, Russian Federation, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Kuwait, Lithuania, Austria, Netherlands, Republic of Korea, Germany, Mexico,

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread