Question Pricing for merchants?
    Can anyone tell me what are the costs for merchants to join LS?

Thinking to join some network and want to compare, you know... But I did not find this info at the site.

Also do you think it is suitable for Celebrity Posters Affiliate Program?

Thanks a lot,

Ann

I'm not sure about the price but I heard you get locked in for a while and you are not able to join any other network.
    I have seen merchants run programs on both CJ and SAS at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    I heard you get locked in for a while and you are not able to join any other network.
    For how long?

The thing is, we are already running our independent program... So we need a network just to gain affiliates and experience. Therefore I am not inclined at joining several networks at a time.

Regards,

Are you a merchant at SAS? I couldn't find you. I would like to promote your car posters. I know you will like SAS :-)

I'm not sure about the time on LS. I think I might have heard 2 years but someone else will have to confirm that.

Presently, we are independant, Porkchop

You are welcome to join us any time: free datafeed at your convenience!

But joining some network is what we are looking into.
    The only thing, I am not sure which one, yet...

Regards,

Ann,

Will you check your email affiliates@iceposter.com

Have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamPrints
    Can anyone tell me what are the costs for merchants to join LS?
    A company I consult with had a quote of at least $10,000. I think CJ was $6,000. I don't rememeber the additional fees after these startup costs, but they all seemed too high. They gave up on the idea.

They'll probably require you to shut down your internal program and sign a long-term exclusive contract.

They don't publicize their prices, because they vary from merchant to merchant. When you check out their prices, make sure to check out datafeed fees, newsletters fees, program management fees, network fees, DRM fees, check fees, etc.

If you want to find out about different networks, things the networks won't tell you, and effective ways to recruit and activate new affiliates, you might want to check out Andy Rodriguez's Affiliate Manager Certification Seminar in Chicago later this month (8/20-8/22). It's three days packed full of information every affiliate manager needs to know. The early bird price is still good through Friday and the last I heard there were five seats left.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    If you are interested in becoming a LinkShare merchant you can complete this form on our website http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/p...est_info.shtml and one of our sales reps will contact you.

Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They don't publicize their prices, because they vary from merchant to merchant. When you check out their prices, make sure to check out datafeed fees, newsletters fees, program management fees, network fees, DRM fees, check fees, etc.
    very good point to check out
    cos u do not want to pay extra fees after the $6-10k that somebody mentioned.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

They'll probably require you to shut down your internal program and sign a long-term exclusive contract.
    Oh, that's a pity. For us our indy program is most important. We decided to join some network only to become more powerful But it is not our prior aim.

If you want to find out about different networks, things the networks won't tell you, and effective ways to recruit and activate new affiliates, you might want to check out Andy Rodriguez's Affiliate Manager Certification Seminar in Chicago later this month (8/20-8/22).
    Yes, I already heard of it. Unfortunately, I am unable to go at that time.

Thanks to all for your sincere opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    If you are interested in becoming a LinkShare merchant you can complete this form on our website http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/p...est_info.shtml and one of our sales reps will contact you.
    Thanks, Ranae

I did it yesterday. Does it take long for the rep to get back to the customer?
    I am asking because I have bad experience I tried to contact some "advertising network" in the past, completed their form ... and they contacted me in two months!

Ann,

Linkshare has an exclusivity clause in their contract. You cannot run any other programs while you are with them. CJ costs were between $3000 and $3500 to start up and then the 30% of commissions or $500, whichever was higher. SAS is a $350 start up cost and 20% of commissions. Neither CJ or SAS require that you are exclusive. I would recommend using SAS as a secondary or even a primary. Low costs to start up, and much better people to work with. Plus, a lot of affiliates (especially the ones you would want) are no longer using CJ because of LMI.

I hope that helps some. We have had programs on all 3 networks, and SAS is by far the best!!
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier - Batteries
    I would recommend using SAS as a secondary or even a primary. Low costs to start up, and much better people to work with. Plus, a lot of affiliates (especially the ones you would want) are no longer using CJ because of LMI.
    Thanks a LOT, Kristin

The only thing that bothers me: they say SaS is not very good at recruiting. Meaning they do not have a lot affiliates. Does anyone agree? I did not have personal experience with any of them so I can rely only on other people's opinion.
    Recruiting is the most important thing as we want to show the world that we are good to work with and that our product sells well.

Thanks a LOT, Kristin

The only thing that bothers me: they say SaS is not very good at recruiting. Meaning they do not have a lot affiliates. Does anyone agree? I did not have personal experience with any of them so I can rely only on other people's opinion.
    Recruiting is the most important thing as we want to show the world that we are good to work with and that our product sells well.
    SAS has a very strong affiliate base. CJ and Linkshare have larger numbers, but not much quality as SAS. Don't get me wrong, they are both good networks, but SAS does a much better job meeting the affiliates needs and the merchants.

As far as recruiting, affilates join any network they choose, it's the program that gets them there. Don't relay on a network to do your recruiting, do your own recruiting . You will have to do a lot LESS policing with SAS, where you have to constantly watch CJ and Linkshare.

That's just my 2 cents ...
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier - Batteries
    As far as recruiting, affilates join any network they choose, it's the program that gets them there. Don't relay on a network to do your recruiting, do your own recruiting
    Thanks again, Kristin. I do understand that we will do our onw recruiting. Don't get me wrong: we are indy now and we enjoy doing this kind of work. We are planning to join a network not because we are looking for easier ways, but because we want to become more experienced and trustworthy.

The only thing that bothers me: they say SaS is not very good at recruiting.
    No network is good at recruiting. That's not what they do (unless you pay them extra). And then with most of the networks (except SAS), you really have to worry about the "super affiliates" they're recruting.

Andy's next seminar will probably be sometime early next year in Miami, so you may want to plan on attending once the date is set. Recruiting is one of his strongest areas, so the seminar is worth the money just based on what you learn in that area.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Andy's next seminar will probably be sometime early next year in Miami, so you may want to plan on attending once the date is set. Recruiting is one of his strongest areas, so the seminar is worth the money just based on what you learn in that area.
    Yes, recruiting is definately one of major issues for merchants.
    I will be planning my schedule in order to find some time for the next seminar!

Thanks,

Ann

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread