Red face Introducing myself and saying Thank you
    I am the Affiliate manager for SpookShop.com and I wanted to introduce myself.

I am a newbie to the affiliate marketing scene and am very thankful for any advice that anyone is willing to share.

I also want to thank the affiliates who have taken the time to sign up for our affiliate program. If there is anything that I can do I would love to here from you.

thank you,

Les

Les,

Welcome to the biggest bunch of lovable misfits on the net. No one here fits that description more than me. You're going to laugh, cry, cringe and sometimes hide, but this is the place to get your program going.

Follow the threads, read em and weep.

Poopie Nubert
    Abestweb Stinker
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Poopie,

How do I edit my Signature?

Hi Les,

I was the one who wrote you about auto deposit.
    THANKS for signing up for auto deposit!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you success!

Thank you!

That was what I needed to convince the powers that be

ABW Ambassador
    That's a good thing, halloween sales are starting to pick up. Going offline at a time like that is a good way to kill the program. Will check it out, have some pages I need to freshen up.

Les,

Can you check with ShareAsale to see if you can get your merchandise listed in the "Make A Page" section so the affiliates can display your products on their sites?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    i looooooooove Halloween! I signed up with your program in anticipation of you getting a datafeed uploaded to SAS. Until you provide a datafeed I'm probably not going to promote your program because your competition (which pays only slightly less than you do) has much better creatives in a greater variety of sizes.

Welcome to ABW!

I am talking with SAS to find out why my datafeed did not get uploaded. What would you like to se as far as creatives go?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Creatives that are useful: what's hot this year, top 10 costumes for men, women, kids, etc., drop down boxes, search boxes, anything interactive, animated is okay for Halloween particularly if it shows how a prop works, bright colors (your creatives are kind of dark), a variety of sizes.

Datafeed beats banners every time! I'm looking forward to taking a look at yours.

@ Les go to the user control panel (User CP) top left corner. Once you click that link you will find another link to edit your signature on the left.
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Les,

Your account is showing "low funds" and I know you are set up on auto deposit. I have seen when someone goes to low funds and few minutes later the auto deposit kicks in and you go back to online. Yours didn't do that. Can you check to make sure things are ok?

Low Funds
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    Les,

Your account is showing "low funds" and I know you are set up on auto deposit. I have seen when someone goes to low funds and few minutes later the auto deposit kicks in and you go back to online. Yours didn't do that. Can you check to make sure things are ok?

I have auto deposit set on my account, but that only works with affiliate purchases. I did somethings on SAS which cost me money and it does not automatically kick in. They were supposed to refund my account for things but I have not seen that refund yet
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Les[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL=http://www.spookshop.com]www.spookshop.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL=les@spookshop.com]les@spookshop.com[/EMAIL]

Hope you get your refund :-)

Could you also check on the status of your products in the "make a page" section? You are still not listed as a merchant in this section.

Make a page
    I played with it when I logged on to my affiliate account and was able to make pages.

Where on SAS should it be listed?

I do know it works, is kind of a neat little feature.
    Affiliate Manager

I am looking in my customized merchant section which is at the top. You are in the bottom section where you have to select a specific keyword. You can make customized sections to show adult, kids, masks, wigs or whatever and it will show all the items in that category rather than picking a specific keyword. A better variety of items can be shown this way.

I am waiting for SAS to get back to me with an answer as to what I need to do to fix this.

I did search my product by keywords and was able to build a site using "Sexy" as my keyword.

I am still learning the affiliate side of things. I played with Affiliate marketing last year just using PPC not much success, but I know what PPC are like spend lots of money for little results.

I will hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow
    Affiliate Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Spookshop
    I am waiting for SAS to get back to me with an answer as to what I need to do to fix this.

I did search my product by keywords and was able to build a site using "Sexy" as my keyword.
    That's a good start.
    I notice that there are many more categories on your website than just "Sexy."

The following quote from your own website emphasizes diversity and variety so it is in your best interests to enable and empower your affiliates with tools that will allow your affiliates to focus on your merchandise.

Spookshop.com carries the most diverse selection of Halloween Costumes for adults and children on the web. With a huge inventory that is constantly growing and changing, SpookShop gives you costume and prop choices like no other site.
    Please utilize other keywords that capture the variety of your selection.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I am interested in categories more than a keyword. I have separate pages for adult, toddler, infant etc. so I will be interested in those. I like your licensed costumes. You wouldn't believe how many people wanted Flintstone costumes last year. I am already seeing searches this year too.

If you have the time, it would be best to make as many categories as possible. Having a big selection might give somebody another idea on how to promote you :-)

Les,

I was messing around putting in keywords and selecting description and noticed that you don't have much description for your items. These descriptions are search engine friendly so it would be to your benefit to fill them with keywords and phrases. The limit is 250 characters.

I was looking at your Flintstone results and noticed a child Fred and a Fred mask is available. You might want to add those 2 items to your themed (Flintstone) page. I didn't see a Flintstone link in the children's section

Another idea (if you don't mind) .... Example: Wizard of Oz (or whatever category) If they are looking in the adult costumes have a link there letting them know Wizard of Oz children costumes are available too! Same for the kid's page linking back to the adult page. If a family or group is looking for a theme this will let them know they can get it in all sizes. I bet you could probably do this on a lot of your pages.

Thank you for the insite, I will take care of that.

This is a new site for us. We have been online for 6 seasons, but this site has only been live for 2 months.
    Affiliate Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Spookshop
    Thank you for the insite, I will take care of that.

This is a new site for us. We have been online for 6 seasons, but this site has only been live for 2 months.
    If you only focus on "sexy" you are limiting your program.
    Although "sexy" is always popular, "scary" is a second bet plus I agree with what porkchop said.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I just used "sexy" as an example, because that was the keyword that I played with. Sexy costumes are only a small portion of the items that are carried on our website.

Right now, the biggest selling item that we have is the "Cars" Lightining MacQueen pit crew costume. It seems like no one else has this costume available right now
    Affiliate Manager

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread