View Poll Results: How fast do you type?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 30 wpm

6 10.53%
  • 30-50 wpm

10 17.54%
  • 50-70 wpm

11 19.30%
  • 70-90 wpm

19 33.33%
  • Over 90 wpm

11 19.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How fast do you type?
    Here's a short online typing test:

http://www.powertyping.com/typing_te...ing_test.shtml

How fast do you type?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Reminds me of my old junior high typing classes - seeing who could type the fastest.

Managed to kick out 105 WPM (of course I made 4.2 mistakes per Minute though). Now I need to go put my hands in some ice..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Just tried it...114 words per minute with a 1.5 error rate. Cool test Michael!

;-)
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

ABW Ambassador
    I got 60 WPM

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    39 wpm. Finally, I suck at something. :-)

ABW Ambassador
    You know what screwed me up a little. I thought it was double space after the period at the end of the sentence. With the test it's one space.

I got 64 wpm, but I made 2 mistakes, which were the same as Trust's. I wanted to do 2 spaces at the end of a sentence. Fun!

ABW Ambassador
    Found an argument, discussion about it :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...stop/period%29

No idea really. but I do know that I type about as fast as I can think, so when I'm writing anything it's fast enough and slow enough to be able to keep up with my thoughts as they are formulated and reassessed.

Internet Cowboy
    37 wpm
    2.4 mpm

Whew... This was some task at 1:40 am (my time)......

64 wpm
    2 mpm

Not too bad tho'.

Thanks for the challenge, Michael. I love challenges. Especially past midnight
    Geno

99 wpm.

I had a really slow start learning to type. When I got my first computer, I would hunt and peck, and I got pretty fast--about 40 wpm with two fingers! It made it hard to learn how to type, though. I took a typing class in high school and never made it over about 30 wpm. It was quite a struggle to force myself to type, because I could hunt and peck faster than that. Eventually, I learned, and my speed has gradually increased over the years. I was up to about 60 wpm in college and am now consistenly 90-100 wpm.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I see you can switch it up and do other tests, some also have the double space I was talking about.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    about 40 wpm with two fingers
    Brother Coley, my long lost typing twin (who has now moved on to faster speeds). I've found you after all these years!

I used to refer to my two finger method and "hunt and peck", but as I aged I became one who bangs the keyboard with each stroke, people referred to my method as "search and destroy". I wear out keyboards faster than tennis shoes. Good luck to the left hand side Ctrl key, always rub the paint right off that sucker copying, cutting and pasting. Plus I eat over my board and drop gook in there. A little gook-induced tackiness gives the keys a much better feel, much more character and a charming scent as well. Flicking Frito dust on it as we speak... errr... type. I drop scabs and eye boogers in there too. If they let me smoke in the building, I'd use my keyboard as an ashtray. I mean, after all, it is an input device people.

60 wpm - It was fun though
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

94 wpm and 6.2 mistakes per minute is my best of 5. The words were pretty easy though, so I may not do as well under normal circumstances.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I did 77 wpm.

I too am a double spacer as the ends of sentences so that was killing me, not to mention that I 'know' when I make a mistake and auto-correct it on my own.

That was fun though.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Typing "Speed"??
    I feel slow - I do about 55 - 60 WPM. But then again, I'm not a tech. Our programmers and techs seem to go at the speed of light. I on the other hand am just happy to be proficient at typing without looking at the keyboard!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

i did 79 wpm with 0 mistakes - YAY I've gotten slow though over the years, i used to do much faster. My fingers don't move as well as they used to after 10 years of all this - LOL
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Brother Coley, my long lost typing twin (who has now moved on to faster speeds). I've found you after all these years!

I used to refer to my two finger method and "hunt and peck", but as I aged I became one who bangs the keyboard with each stroke, people referred to my method as "search and destroy". I wear out keyboards faster than tennis shoes. Good luck to the left hand side Ctrl key, always rub the paint right off that sucker copying, cutting and pasting. Plus I eat over my board and drop gook in there. A little gook-induced tackiness gives the keys a much better feel, much more character and a charming scent as well. Flicking Frito dust on it as we speak... errr... type. I drop scabs and eye boogers in there too. If they let me smoke in the building, I'd use my keyboard as an ashtray. I mean, after all, it is an input device people.
    ROFLMAO....

I can sooooo picture this..... And I have been known to remove the cap locks key from a keyboard or two, I hit it too frequently when headed over to punch the A key... my son constantly used to holler at me for being to hard on keyboards, when mine would die he would just say "I told you so".... The CompUSA guys just had a direct path for me to the keyboard aisle....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

82 wpm with about 2 mistakes. I always get tense during such tests though. And no doublespaces. I learned typing using doublespaces, but it taken me a while to overcome that since I read something about using single spaces about two years ago. I guess I've finally learned a new habit. Now, watch, we'll go back to doublespaces again. Or maybe triple spaces???

77 wpm, with 4 mistakes ... guess I should brush up a little...
    KK

75wpm
    2 mistakes

I noticed the single space and didn't screw up there, but each time I got to one I sort of paused because I wanted to type it in. Too funny.

Sheri

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I managed to type 83wpm but that was with about 6 mistakes a minute. Mind you, I have super long nails this week (had a wedding last wk and had them 'done' so they're not mine) and so, I am typing w/ a bit of a handicap that I'm not accustomed to.

Ya, ya, excuses excuses... and some of you are up there above 100 wpm - and I thought "I" typed fast! GEEZ!!!

That was fun... ok now, back to work. HAHA

I thought I was doing great at 59 wpm, but see most are above that. I would have done better, but when I took typing in high school (boy this dates me), we were tought to put two spaces after a period. That typing test kept stoping me every time I did that.

Not my fault, not my fault! LOL
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast