Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Excellent Parking Page
    If you are like me, you just can't pass up a good domain name, which means that you often have a long line of projects, with domains waiting for months - errr, okay, years - for development.

I found a nice 'parking' page for my domains I wanted to pass on to you. Enter a domain name, and a keyword in the link once you click through, and you will see an example of what your domain will look like, while it is sitting, awaiting you to come back and develop.

I think this is the best looking parking page I've ever seen.....

http://1plus.net/advertisement.php

No, it's not an affiliate link, and no I am not associated in any way with the site, just think it could be useful to you, especially if you have any city portal domains parked.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I get an error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in /home/oneplus/public_html/header.php on line 5
    Error connecting to DB (localhost)

I just clicked through and it worked for me...perhaps a momentary issue...

elbowcreek:

I think this is the best looking parking page I've ever seen
    I think it's a tad crowded, but that's not what bothers me: it's that someone'd be making AdSense money off my domain name until such time as I got off my butt and put some content on the page. If I put in some really good keywords and had an excellent domain name, that could be a LOT of money.

*Super*-slick idea on the part of the guy who thought the idea up, profiting on my laziness/busy-ness, though! Big up to him!

I have a few dozen domains I've owned for two years that are not even online. I'm thinking I should create a generic page like this, using php, to pull in things (so I can change the pages once in a while real easy).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I have one parked domain.

But I don't see any use on parking a domain.

No one visits it, search engines dont index it, how will i ever send traffic to it if no one likes it, it has PPC links all over it but no use.

7-days:

I'm thinking I should create a generic page like this, using php, to pull in things
    FOlks run lotsa pages *zactly* like this in my traffic exchange. Naturally, they're putting their AdSense accounts at risk 'cause they're violating their TOS doing that, but if you put the right ads in there, you could potentially make some money off your dormant domain, and you might just end up getting an offer on the domain that'd make you decide to sell it insteada hang onto it. They all say something on them to the effect of "This domain may be for sale; inquire here," something along those lines.

Check out noparking.com. I just contacted them yesterday and haven't actually worked with them yet, but it sounds like it might be a good deal. They monitize your domain and you split the profits. If you have old domains and more domains than you can work on it might be a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BinkyM
    I think it's a tad crowded, but that's not what bothers me: it's that someone'd be making AdSense money off my domain name until such time as I got off my butt and put some content on the page. If I put in some really good keywords and had an excellent domain name, that could be a LOT of money.

*Super*-slick idea on the part of the guy who thought the idea up, profiting on my laziness/busy-ness, though! Big up to him!
    Im a member, and the ads are those of the domain owner, not the site owner. I have 400 domains parked on the 1plus.net site, have sold 4 of them on the site (no commission charged) and make a tidy sum from my adsense.

I park 40 or 50 domains at trafficz. I don't make a killing, but I've had one purchase offer and several of the domains earn at least enough to pay for themselves, some a bit more...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Brush
    Im a member, and the ads are those of the domain owner, not the site owner. I have 400 domains parked on the 1plus.net site, have sold 4 of them on the site (no commission charged) and make a tidy sum from my adsense.
    I thought that was the case, but had not investigated it yet. I did not want to blurt that out and be wrong... I will move a dozen city domains over to that site, to see how they do.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread