What do I do Now still 0 sales.
    I need some real help, I am marketing for a particular company and this month
    my stats are 6400 impressions 3500 clicks and 0 sales so far.

I need to know what am I doing wrong no matter where I advertise or get
    traffic from there are never any sales. Search engine traffic/major
    newspapers,online magazines,banners,. I am so frustrated if
    I could just get a little imput from someone on what am I doing wrong?

ABW Ambassador
    Can't tell you because have no idea who the company is or how targetted your traffic is. You used major newspapers for traffic for this company?

How competitive are their prices?

Do they convert well on the overall (judging by their overall program stats)?

Geno

Even with un-targetted traffic, you would think 3500 clicks would amount to at least one sale (depending on whether they clicked voluntarily or not). I would personally check with the merchant, or the technology you're using, to make sure something hasn't been screwed up in the process.

You said "search engines". Organic or PPC? If not PPC, have you considered doing some keyword research, and giving a system like Adwords a shot? Pick the right keywords - make the right copy - and you'll have some of the most qualified visitors around.....then it's a matter of whether you can convert them on your site.

Just some ideas - the more qualified fellows/ladies here should have more specific answers
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Wink Thank you kindly
    thank you for your reply to me I still am kinda bewildered but It helps to have
    someone to talk to.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    One thing, if you are using PPC at all, you need to consider the source for the traffic - is it legitimate? When I advertised through 7search.com, for example, I did see some legitimate sales/traffic come in - but I also noticed my ads appearing on some low, low quality, spammy sites.

Time of year can have an affect, if the product is seasonal. For example, through my merchant site, it has been really slow - as usual - during June, July and the beginning of August. However, if I am reading my stats correctly, almost 34% of my visitors are setting bookmarks: they are coming back shortly for their fall purchases. My products sell quite well in the fall, winter and early spring months - but if an affiliate judged me solely upon their June/July sales, I would never get the chance to work with them in the fall.

Does the merchant have a decent affiliate program? What is the duration of the cookie they set? Does their name appear in association with a few of the parasite affiliates you can find listed here at ABW?

Have you tried any test purchases, just to verify that the merchant is legitimate or that the links are working properly? Have a friend make a small purchase, if that is an option and it is important enough to you.

That's all for now, gotta go. Good luck!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    One thing, if you are using PPC at all, you need to consider the source for the traffic - is it legitimate? When I advertised through 7search.com, for example, I did see some legitimate sales/traffic come in - but I also noticed my ads appearing on some low, low quality, spammy sites.
    Do you continue to have any luck with these smaller PPCSE's? Stuck with G and MSN right now - but I'm curious.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    No, I don't go near them anymore. I tried to get several of them to agree to giving me traffic from specific targets only - and they would not do that. I am not advertising much now at all, mostly organic traffic for me until the Xmas season, when I will hit adwords hard, and approach specific web sites to pay for placement.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Cool. Was curious as to whether those types of engines are even worth bothering with. Concensus seems to be no.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by trcyph
    I need some real help, I am marketing for a particular company and this month
    my stats are 6400 impressions 3500 clicks and 0 sales so far.

I need to know what am I doing wrong no matter where I advertise or get
    traffic from there are never any sales. Search engine traffic/major
    newspapers, online magazines, banners,. I am so frustrated if
    I could just get a little imput from someone on what am I doing wrong?
    Well lets see your getting a 54.68 click rate... an almost unheard of number.

This to me screams FRAUD. If you have the number 1 position and really good ad copy, then you may get a good number but not near 54.68 (Anyone correct me if I am wrong). Then conversion of the click... 2-4%? unless you have a really good hook?

Your advertising in all those places? Newspapers, Magazines, Banners??? (Your getting click through rates like that on banners? DEFINITLY FRAUD)

You need to look how your throwing money. If you would like, I will create a site and you can just give me your credit card and I will send clicks that way. I can use the extra cash.

You are either being taken for a ride or not reading your stats correctly.

Poopie with a capital "P"
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread