Latest terror alert
    Don't know how much you've heard about this, but it's been all over the news all day here in the UK.

Looks like the police foiled a MAJOR terrorist attempt to blow up up to 10 aircraft in flight over the Atlantic between the UK and the US. The plan was to use liquid explosive smuggled on board in drinks bottles in the hand luggage. They say they've been tracking the suspects for some months and today it seems was the day they were to make their move.

Air traffic has been totally disrupted as many or most flights in and out of the UK have been cancelled.

No news on the guys they arrested - said to be British Muslims - it was all over the news 12 hours ago when I got up and there's not really been anything new to report since then, except about how it's affected air traffic.

The Uk is on the highest alert "critical" at the moment.

Yes, its on CNN and MSNBC and on TV here. I live close to NYC and I was in NYC when 9/11 attacks happened.

I always get worried when taking the subways in the city. There's cops every where but the crowd is so huge.

Paul,

The Home Office deserves the highest praise. What they have done is the hardest task in fighting terrorism - preventing attacks like that...

I am following this hourly (partly because I am preparing for a move to the UK in around half a year for about half a year; but mostly because I have too many dear ones living in the UK)...

Geno

Yep, definitely making the stations here.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

http and a telephoto
    I'm glad I am driving and not flying this weekend Hopefully by next weekend when I *am* (and bunches of others from ABW) flying all will be well.

**shudder** (thinking back to 9/11, I was in Manhattan as well, closer than I like to remember.)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yeah, I've been watching the news, too. Bravo to the intelligence services who were responsible for thwarting this attack!

I'm not looking forward to the delays at the airport when I go up to Chicago next weekend, but it's nice that it's delays we're worried about rather than our safety. I have felt 100% safe traveling since 9/13/01 (my first flight after 9/11--we were vacationing in Hawaii). I told my wife this on 9/11/01, and I'll say it again: Terrorists will never successfully hijack a plane and use it as a weapon again. Every passenger on the plane will rise up against them if they try.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    This one is a little different. Hijacking a plane and blowing one up in the air. Thankfully they stopped this one.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Good God ... pray for peace everyone. With all the positive energy going out, the negative will have a harder time taking hold. Just ASKING for peace in your heart will work if you're not one to "pray." It's all the same. Just put out good energy. IT'S ALL WE CAN DO BUT WE CAN ALL DO IT.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    We have a scanner and there have been nationwide alerts going out all day for the authorities to increase surveillance near Amtrack tracks and to report anyone or anything that seems out of place, etc.

They have talked about Amtrack tracks a lot today, even though the big thing in the news was the airplane hijackings.

It doesn't apply near me, we are in the sticks, but I think maybe something a bit more is up.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks to the NYTimes rooting for the terrorists to win we no longer have International call phone taps on suspects, nor the ability to easily trace their money transfers. Big business in Detroit (486,000 ME folks) is shipping untraceable cellphones to the Middle East and UK. Billions wired transferred from metro Detroit banks and Western Union to the ME over the years. Hundreds of local Muslims have to pay huge ransoms to get family members over there released from those who do follow the money trail.

Over 10,000 Detroiters have family members in the very cities Israelies are attacking in southern Lebenon and they're pissed. Raised Dollar Store prices to $2.00 and added 15 cents to gas station prices to double their money transfers to Hizbolla sympathizers. Of course I feel safe knowing our Canadian born liberal democrat female governor has border controls and airport security firmly in place...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It's still been on the news a lot today. They've been telling people to come at least 3 hrs early to the Philly airport before their flights. Everybody seems to be taking it well, though. No complaining. Think most people feel it's well worth a little added security time if they're going to be safer. I feel the way you do, too Rexanne. Hope saner minds will prevail. I know some of you will laugh at me, but just wish people could start treating each other as if everybody was the same regardless who they were and would start being nicer to each other that way if they didn't see each other as the enemy. Just can't believe your born into this world with so much hate in you that you look at others and want to do these things. I know it's not a very nice world an awful lots of times, but just wish it were. Worry too about all the nice people from Britain I've met online...so be safe The rest of you guys who are going to be flying...you be safe, too

The Batteries.com Director of IT is in Scottland visiting his sister and is going to attempt to fly back tomorrow. He can't carry on anything, and is going to have to check his laptop, and I guess the bottle of scotch he was suppose to bring me won't be coming, lol
    KK

No, have not heard a thing. What's up? Microsoft bullying Google?
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopie Nubert
    No, have not heard a thing. What's up? Microsoft bullying Google?
    While Yahoo jerks it's chicken watching the fight...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread