Angry I give up!
    I hadn't bothered promoting share-a-sale merchants for a while as wasn't confident about being rewarded for leads etc, but a few days I gave it another go and added some banners in my high traffic pages and had someone complete a registration which should have resulted in a referral, and even though they were approved as a member of the site I sent them to via my link, NO commission was rewarded.

Now there wasn't any cookie blocking that I could see, but they were using FireFox...has anyone had similar experiences and any concerns about referral ID's not being picked up due to user's privacy settings?

David Bowden
    [removed sig]
    Last edited by Adam Ward; August 10th, 2006 at 08:25 PM.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    David,

Send me some details if you want me to check it out... i.e., what offer, where was the link (can I still click on it, etc...) ....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Actually, SAS seems to be the most reliable tracking network for me. Let Brian check the transaction for you to see what's up. I'd love to know, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    David,

Send me some details if you want me to check it out... i.e., what offer, where was the link (can I still click on it, etc...) ....
    Hi Brian, thanks for the speedy response. I'd used the online form in the Affiliate area to query the merchant (elite Mate) but felt it was a good time to drop in here after a long absence. All I know is that I never have any problems promoting the Friendfinder and Cams programs...receiving daily visits, registrations and commissions.

Here's where you can find the elite banner & my affiliate link: click

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by zboostnet; August 10th, 2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    David,

I checked into this and it appears as though this particular merchant's tracking is not working currently. I've contacted the merchant and we'll see if we can have them re-establish the necessary code in order to resume tracking. If we aren't able to get them to do so we'll need to close this account... I apologize that you had to experience this first-hand (non-tracking) but it is something that happens occasionally with merchants making so many changes to their checkout processes constantly, etc..
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Looking at the EPC graph and it's clear. It went from about $35 to $0 and has been flatline $0 since July 10th.

Have to be logged in to see it:
    http://www.shareasale.com/a-epctrend...erchantID=5419

Looking at the EPC graph and it's clear.
    BatteryGeek.net flat lined for 26 days in June/July 2006 and I have almost abandoned them. That's why they appear to have experienced a strong revival. They may have had a tracking problem also.

How does a merchant NOT know something is wrong with tracking, when I'm sure all of their numbers start to flatline? Left scratching my head on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    How does a merchant NOT know something is wrong with tracking, when I'm sure all of their numbers start to flatline? Left scratching my head on that one...
    Maybe it isn't their priority to get it working in the first place as long as the sales are coming in.

SAS needs to check on their "merchants" more frequently, it seems like this is not the first time it occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by zboostnet
    I hadn't bothered promoting share-a-sale merchants for a while as wasn't confident about being rewarded for leads etc, but a few days I gave it another go and added some banners in my high traffic pages and had someone complete a registration which should have resulted in a referral, and even though they were approved as a member of the site I sent them to via my link, NO commission was rewarded.

Now there wasn't any cookie blocking that I could see, but they were using FireFox...has anyone had similar experiences and any concerns about referral ID's not being picked up due to user's privacy settings?

David Bowden
    [removed sig]
    I made my first sale ever with an SAS merchant today and got a good commission too for it.

But not with the merchant you are refering to here. This merchant i'm promoting has very good affiliate tools and is constantly in contact checking up on what we require to make a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    I made my first sale ever with an SAS merchant today and got a good commission too for it.
    Good for you. Some of their merchants are a joke. I have encountered even one listing his site for sales at a domain name forum and yet still running his affiliate program at SAS. Another one that virtually has nothing in stock.

Gotta constantly check who you're working with there.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisg
    Gotta constantly check who you're working with there.
    No truer words ever said. Tracking is good at SAS, getting rid of fly-by-night merchants is not. If they ever got their act together and really monitored their merchants (raising the bar as someone (Trust I believe) said in another post) they would get my vote for being a great company.

A check through many of Donuts posts is worthwhile for tips on what to look for when deciding on which merchants to signup with at SAS.

Quality begets quality.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Several ways:

1) Sales keep coming, but no "Affiliate Sale" notices come with them usually = the sales are coming from elsewhere. Especially if the merchant has a decent SERP rank for a good keyword on at least 1 major SE.

And/Or

2) Lack of attention to their SAS account. Aff Sale notices are turned off (bigger merchants would probably turn them off to avoid having their email boxes explode). Other admistration is on auto, or is run by parties that don't really have a clue as to what they're looking at. The decision-makers have no idea that their numbers have flatlined.

Or

3) It's the off season--a flatline is the normal condition at certain times of the year for seasonal merchants below a certain size (and sometimes fairly large ones, too, on occasion). The merchant knows about it, but other than being irritated at how lame that looks, ain't much that can be done about it except wait for the selling season to start, and try to get the business big enough that there are at least a few orders year-round.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread