CJ Reporting Delay???
    Hi,

I just joined Commission Junction and signed up as a BodyBuilding.com affiliate. I've started promoting some of their links on my sites and am 100% certain they are integrated correctly. I copied and pasted the code that CJ provided and, having worked in the web design/IT sector for almost 8 years, am positive that it was implemented into the page in the proper fashion.

I've logged maybe 20-30 test clicks on a variety of links generating from CJ but none of my clicks are showing up in any of CJ's reports for the "Today" period. I've tried looking at the "Today" period on my Homepage dashboard and the Performance Reports section but I'm seeing zeros accross the board.

Does anyone know if CJ reporting is delayed? If my CJ account has only been active for about 2 days could that somehow have affected my ability to receive real-time reports?

If there is a delay, does anyone know what the offset is? How long do I need to wait before a click that is made on my site is logged by CJ and presented to me in a report?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    the normal delay for transactions to show up is about an hour to an hour and a half.
    the quick view stats are also updated every once in a while, half an hour to forty five minutes, so chances are, you'll see these clicks in some time if you have just begun testing.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

If it persists you might want to contact CJ (good luck) or the Affiliate Manager for the merchant and have them do a test and maybe even a test purchase. I do it all the time and recently discovered a major flaw for a company in a datafeed they were testing and about to be made available.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, I hope there is a delay because I just got an email from a customer stating he made a purchase (about 3 hours ago) and it's still not showing up....
    Will wait a little longer I guess.

~Christine

It's been nearly 4 hours now and I'm still not seeing any data at all (no clicks, impressions, sales, etc). Is there a phone number for commission junction? What contact channels are best for reaching them?

ABW Ambassador
    Phone # on this page.

http://www.cj.com/about/contact.html

Are you using the html or js links? You said you haven't seen any sales, is this off a test purchase or something? It could be just a delay, who knows.

I'm not the OP but I'm using legacy links

Good news... my clicks/impressions finally started being reported. It looks like there was just a massive 4-5 hour delay in the reports. I tried calling CJ to inquire as to why this was the case but after waiting 45 minutes on hold I gave up. I've only been a member for one day and I'm already starting to understand why so many people on these boards are frustrated with them.

I am posting on the wrong thread.

"Cancel"

My clicks/impressions are finally updating too. Funny, I called and got right thru. I asked the operator (who was very nice, btw) about a missing sale and she said it's possible that the customer could have blocked cookies, deleted cookies etc... She said that it's important to cj that tracking occurs as well because they lose money too and if it doesn't show up within a few hours (I'll give it a day) to email cj and also email the advertiser thru cj's site.
    I'm sure this isn't the first time, in fact I'm sure I've missed a few hundred in sales recently. Question is what to do about it?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread