I can see why AdWords is so popular
    Recently, since I had been doing well with adwords (only took me about $500 to figure something out ) I thought I'd try yahoo and msn. Yahoo is the most difficult ad search to use I have seen. It is slow and difficult. MSN's adcenter is better and comes closest to Google, but even it is not as nice, nor as fast.

Just ranting. Maybe I'm just not used to them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    ...only took me about $500 to figure something out
    That's nothing to be sad about. Many people spend much more than that and don't figure anything out. If you've figured things out, you should earn that back (and much more) quickly!

Yahoo and MSN are a little different, but they can both be good. Google is definitely the best for now, but Yahoo and MSN are close enough to be worthwhile. (Don't even bother with the second-tier PPC engines. They're so plagued with fraud that it's tough to get a positive ROI even with $0.01 bids.)

Coming from a Google background, here's what you should know about Yahoo and MSN:

With Yahoo, try to write your ad copy to pre-qualify shoppers. With Google, you have benefits from high PPC. With Yahoo, you only want the best clicks. Also with a $0.10 minimum, some keywords that work with Google just aren't feasible with Yahoo. Look at the other bids and pick the price point that makes the best sense for you. Expect conversions to be a little lower than Google.

With MSN, spreadsheets are the easiest way to load data. Look at variable substitution, where you can define two variables for each keyword. That's powerful. Traffic quality is good, but they don't have anywhere near the reach of Google.

Both of them also allow you to define negative keywords for each and every keyword. That can be helpful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    the second tier engines did work @ my last company. Although there is not much traffic, when it comes to ROI point, we did great as opposed to google or yahoo. But the volume was not there though.

I saw that google had the desktop version available. Might be beneficial to those with lots of keywords.

On the other hand, it mihght be a good idea to use a tool like gotoast or as it is known now, atlasonepoint.com
    easy tracking and good management

I recommend learning with $500 of someone else's money >>

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    Recently, since I had been doing well with adwords (only took me about $500 to figure something out ) ...
    Could you please share what those $500 helped you realize??

Thank You

Sorry for my poor english
    Visit [URL=matiaspadilla.wordpress.com]My Blog[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Argie
    Could you please share what those $500 helped you realize??

Thank You

Sorry for my poor english
    I will not say I am an expert because I'm not even close. I'm still learning - a lot. I just meant that I lost $500 and have for the first time in a month made over a $100 after I changed my strategy. Still not a lot, but better than I was.

Essentially, I moved from a lot of clicks to a few. I paid less for very precise clicks. Still fine tuning it of course, but it has been consistent now. I hope I can keep it up. I'm almost out of the hole from paying for the CJ datafeeds.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread