I've just started actively promoting and making sales for 2 merchants that batch process. Until now I *thought* I understood what "batch processing transactions" means but now I am not certain. Could someone please explain what it is and what potential advantages are for the affiliate? Thanks!

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

Instead of reporting your sales in "real time" (ahem) they collect all sales for a period of time and then report them to CJ say for example once a day. There is info on the merchants info page that gives you the last 3 batch reporting dates.

ABW Ambassador
    >>what potential advantages are for the affiliate?<<

um... well... there's... see...

The merchant wouldn't have an affliate program if they didn't have the batch option?

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

oh, from past posts I somehow was laboring under the mis-conception that sales were batched after any potential reversals had occurred. Just stick another pin in my balloon, OK?

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Some merchants launder out their reversals before sending in the batches, but judging by the Chargeback Rates, not all do.

Personally I do not like batchers--I'd rather know just what percentage of commissions are being reversed instead of being presented with an artificially cleaned figure.

And batching makes it WAY too easy to just "forget" a few transactions altogether, IMO...

As for benefits to affiliates with batching, THERE ARE NONE!!!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

IMO,
    If the merchant batches, and are "honest".
    The sales would be posted right to my account, instead of floating around on Cj's servers some where ( in real time? ) looking for a place to land, ya no?

I use to not like merchants that batched processed sales, but with all the iffyness in Cj's tracking, it just seems to be a more surer way to go, to get sales recorded to my account.

"It's your foot, you can shoot it if you want to." ~ Me

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread