Is there a way to check if the tracking is working?
    In July I generated one sale for a merchant (EPC > $10 ) and then I feature this merchant on the best place of my website.

The next day I got two sales from it. And then no sale until now. The daily Impr. is between 40,000 and 70,000 (50,000 in average). The daily clicks is 300 in average. So is there a way to test the tracking of this merchant, without placing a real order?

ABW Ambassador
    No, but a test order can bring you peace of mind so you'll know for sure.

what is a test order? do we purchase something-for real- and then return it?

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, or keep it.

I'm wondering the same thing but the merchant I'm promoting would not allow me to purchase from my own link, against the tos.

Quote Originally Posted by moodykitty
    I'm wondering the same thing but the merchant I'm promoting would not allow me to purchase from my own link, against the tos.
    Same here and that's why I asked this question.

I've never heard of such a thing, but if you're concerned go to a friends house and place an order.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Kinda makes you wonder what they're afraid of. A 'customer' can sell their product better - they should be thrilled if an affiliate wants to buy from them and should offer up the commission to ensure we understand and know how best to sell their merchandise, at the very least. And making it difficult to ensure our links are tracking is nasty.

I actually think it is in many merchant's TOS but I thought that was to discourage people from signing up just to make a personal purchase and then not promoting them on site.

It's a stupid TOS that I'd love explained by a merchant with this stipulation to better understand why they consider it a good idea.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I use hundreds of merchants and the only one I know of that doesn't allow it is Amazon. Somebody else is getting those sales I know some hosting programs don't allow it, I don't have any of those. Shouldn't be a problem with merchants, a sale is a sale and it's a way to test them out.

Sorry if I'm using the terms incorrectly but the merchant I'm referring to is for a service, would that be an incentive commission? either way, I already have their service so can't exactly sign up again.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread