A year or so ago I didn't know there were about 300 links to different directories on my site that weren't even reciprocal but all my hits came from Google and google/yahoo. So reading about the importance of Link Popularity, joined a couple of what I now know were Link Farms.

Tried to quit them Quick but you don't get off that easily if the webmasters don't update the pages. Now just get AltaVista and the Inktomi partners I pay for through PositionTech. Once in a great while a hit from Google comes through on a weird keyword phrase.

What I'm wondering is, are these link exchanges you're all talking about going to end up another Link Farm, where your links are on some "links" page and do you more harm than good?

FWIW,

Totter

So far it doesn't look like anyone is taking the meat farm approach.

ABW Ambassador
    Totter,

Link farms as you have found out are a bad idea. Heck, even the Zeus people are now saying that link farms(they call it a loosely based theme directory) is a bad idea. They are, however, adamant in saying that just using Zeus will not get you banned from Google. They claim that Google says that if Zeus is used "properly" that you will not be banned from Google but I am not convinced as they provided no proof of the fact from Google.

HTH,

Mike

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread