How To ID which products sold?
    I have been making sales on CJ for some generic terms. But I have no idea which product items are selling.

Is there an easy way to track down by SKU, or otherwise, the actual products that shoppers are buying from my generic CJ links?

Thanks!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    Is there an easy way to track down by SKU, or otherwise, the actual products that shoppers are buying from my generic CJ links?
    Thanks!
    Nope,
    CJ had such feature before CJ6. They removed it during one of their famous improvement upgrades.
    You can see which SKU your customer clicked first if your merchant is using "advanced sales" or if you add SID to your links.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Nope,
    CJ had such feature before CJ6. They removed it during one of their famous improvement upgrades.
    You can see which SKU your customer clicked first if your merchant is using "advanced sales" or if you add SID to your links.
    Zeus, how can I see which SIDs sold when I view the Performance Reports?

I remember creating the SIDs, I just can't find them after the sales have been made

Thanks in advance.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    To see your SID is easy, go to
    Quick Tasks on your publisher frontpage, Today's Tasks then Review new transactions.
    You should be on Publisher Home » Commission Summary
    Click on New (USD) for the day
    You should be on Publisher Home » Commission Summary » Commission Detail
    After "Event Posting" and "Posting Date" you have a SID column, if your links have an SID, it will show up there. It tells you where your visitor clicked, not what was bought.
    As an alternate, some merchants have advanced links, it will show under "Advertiser Action" Advanced Sale, same than SID with the merchant SKU.

To see your SID is easy, go to
    Quick Tasks on your publisher frontpage, Today's Tasks then Review new transactions.
    You should be on Publisher Home » Commission Summary
    Click on New (USD) for the day
    You should be on Publisher Home » Commission Summary » Commission Detail
    After "Event Posting" and "Posting Date" you have a SID column, if your links have an SID, it will show up there. It tells you where your visitor clicked, not what was bought.
    As an alternate, some merchants have advanced links, it will show under "Advertiser Action" Advanced Sale, same than SID with the merchant SKU.
    Thank you for the detailed instructions, Zeus.

Would there be a SID column on that page that says:

"Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Event Date from --- "?
    That's the page I get for New (USD).

I noticed when creating links (via CJ's system of link creating) that the SID only would show in the "form button" link, it would not show in the text or product links. I am not sure how to insert an SID manually in either the text or product (alone) links.

So I have a mix of SID and non-SID links -- perhaps people are clicking on the "text" and/or "product" links which might explain why I do not see an "SID Column" -- either that or there's yet another page to view.

I thought "form button" links might be "hot" but the picture is not clickable in the "form button" links created by CJ. Perhaps people like to click on the pictures?

Is there a way to insert the SID manually?

Thanks
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    Is there a way to insert the SID manually?
    Just add ?sid=Whatever Whatever being your SID
    http://www.xxx.com/click-PID-AID?sid=Whatever

With or without SID you should have a "SID Column" in your detailed reports

Would there be a SID column on that page that says:

"Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Event Date from --- "?
    That's the page I get for New (USD).
    No, you have to drill down to a detailed page to see the SID. From the summary page, click on a blue link which brings you to a page
    "Commission Detail Report by Event Date for Event Date from "
    Then scroll to the right to see the SID column.

Just add ?sid=Whatever Whatever being your SID
    http://www.xxx.com/click-PID-AID?sid=Whatever

With or without SID you should have a "SID Column" in your detailed reports
    I'm sorry, but my typical CJ link looks different. Here is a heavily edited url:

http://www.something.net/123456789b11122222222222222N?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merchant.com%something.html&cjsku=something" target="_blank" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.merchant.com';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;"
    item being sold
    [img src="http://www.something.com/alphanumericmix-ALPHCAPS" width="1" height="1" border="0"/]

So where would a webmaster place the SID? I am confused. None of my CJ urls are as simple as your example. Thanks anyway for any help
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "So where would a webmaster place the SID? I am confused. None of my CJ urls are as simple as your example. Thanks anyway for any help"

After you click Get HTML, there is a box that says SID, put it there. Then click Update Link Code.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "So where would a webmaster place the SID? I am confused. None of my CJ urls are as simple as your example. Thanks anyway for any help"

After you click Get HTML, there is a box that says SID, put it there. Then click Update Link Code.
    I feel like singing the traditional American folk song: "There's a Hole in My Bucket" (Read the lyrics here )

If I use the SID box, only the form link will contain the SID.

The text links and the picture (alone) links don't seem to contain the SID (I checked). I don't really care for the form link (with a clickable 3D box that says "buy").
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    What's a form link? I use mainly text links and have no problem with what I just posted above.

Just tried it again with Zappos, for both text links and banners there is an SID box, no problems.

Ah form you're talking about product links. Now there I don't see it even tho there is a box, might be another bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    If I do that, I get 3 types of links -- only the first one (I call it the "form button") will contain the created SID. The other 2 types of links will not contain the SID information but the first type does contain the SID.

The "form button link" is the first shown. It displays the picture but the picture is not clickable -- it will contain gobbledygook (in the code) that I don't like to use such as:
    [table border="0" width="600" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"]

It also contains copy that is sometimes useful. If I use it there will be a non-clickable picture, the copy (that I can either use as is or edit) and then there will be a silver 3D button that says "Buy" (I can edit that too).
    The customer must press that button to buy according to the link structure of this first type.
    That is the first possible link.

The second link is a text link.

The third link is a clickable picture of the product without any text or copy.

When I create a SID in the box and I hit the "Update Links"
    The only link that will contain the SID is the first one.

Usually I don't want to use the first one, I only want to use the text and product picture ones (although I was experimenting with the "form button links" to see if the clickable silver 3D button would have a positive effect upon consumer behavior).

I asked Zeus my original question because the links I want to use are not updated with the SID -- only the first type with the clunky table structure (is updated with the SID I type into the SID box).
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 17th, 2006 at 12:02 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

This has been broken for a few months. There is a thread about it here.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...705#post602705

For the example above, I always add the SID like this:

http://www.something.net/123456789b11122222222222222N?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merchant.comsomething.html&sid=code&cjsku=something" target="_blank" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.merchant.com';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;"

It doesn't have to go in that exact position but I find it easy to spot the &cjsku and put it right before it. It works every time.

So you would place your own SID before the &cjsku:

merchant.comsomething.html&sid=MY_SID_IS_HERE &cjsku=something" ?

Ofcourse I wouldn't create the SID so ridiculously long but I am doing so now to be sure of placement.

Thanks for the tip

Are there 2 amperstands (&)?
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 17th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yes that's it and I do sometimes use long SID's. No space, if you put it I think it will get filled in with another character.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    So you would place your own SID before the &cjsku:

merchant.comsomething.html&sid=MY_SID_IS_HERE &cjsku=something" ?

Ofcourse I wouldn't create the SID so ridiculously long but I am doing so now to be sure of placement.

Thanks for the tip

Are there 2 amperstands (&)?
    You can have one or several amperstands only if you have already ? after the AID, like ?url, if you use a short link with no redirect, the first character after the AID should be ?, like ?sid=

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread