ABW Ambassador
    Valueclick once again sharing the love
    If you remember the stories of how adware companies used valueclick for drive-by installs - hiding behind a network of subnetworks - this should sound familiar.

it is being reported this past weekend that valueclick is back at it.. oh excuse me... one of their *cough* advertisers has once again snuck through the iron wall of integrity and tried to install crap on people's pcs...

here is a cache of what the site used to be...
    http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:-...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

One can only guess what was trying to be installed, for the curious pm me and i can give you a link to what will cause the payload (a wmf file).

So will valueclick once again buy the story of a network of a network of a network of someone's uncle's brother's sister at fault? So keep the advertiser in... just kill that ad...

I hate this industry some days.

If some companies/advertisers are using valueclick for drive-by installs, is there any clue for the affiliate?

As an affiliate/publisher I would like to steer clear of such advertisers.

A possible answer might be "Stay clear of CJ/Valueclick" but CJ has always been a source of revenue for me and if I have to make an extra click in order to obtain a "legacy link" I will do that -- I haven't ventured into feeds yet, although I might be interested in the future at some point.

The "UPromise list" also includes many advertisers from Linkshare and they too provide revenue so what is an affiliate/publisher to do?

I went to the supermarket today and I saw a small sign "UPromise -- Save $ for college" on each and every shopping cart -- the naive public might very well fall for that deal.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    This is for their valueclick/fastclick cpm/cpc service.

Makes me so glad I moved all of my CJ links to another network yesteday for five of my top CJ sites. Took me several hours, but it was worth it. ValueClick has shown no caring for affiliates and very little for mechants since they took control of CJ.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    ValueClick, CJ's parent, was just recently busted by an independent consumer watchdog organizaton called the CDT. The CDT report shows that ValueClick is a power adware / nuisance software player.

See the details here:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ght=ValueClick

(look through the other post, the ValueClick stuff is in bold red.)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread