Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little things, big frustration
    I login to Linkshare. It says my password has expired, I need to renew. Ok. I renew it. Then I'm in. I go ahead and click on reports, it again says my password has expired, I need to renew. Again, I do that, putting my old password back this time. Click on continue, I need to renew the password again!I tried new browser windows, clearing cookies, I even walked on it, but it's still the same tihs!

LINKSHARE. YOU SUCK!

They need to re-build their website from scratch. Mistakes happen, we learn and then build a newer, better, stronger system based on experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    I login to Linkshare. It says my password has expired, I need to renew. Ok. I renew it. Then I'm in. I go ahead and click on reports, it again says my password has expired, I need to renew. Again, I do that, putting my old password back this time. Click on continue, I need to renew the password again!I tried new browser windows, clearing cookies, I even walked on it, but it's still the same tihs!

LINKSHARE. YOU SUCK!
    Happens to me too. I have to go through recover password and then realize that I actually need to wait an hour before the password will work.

Is that the password to log onto linkshare or the linkshare analytics (or whatever it's called)?? I've never had to change mine...I thought I did but then it takes the old one and I realized it was just for the analytics (I'm sure I'm calling it the wrong thing)...report deal.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    The password change requires all users change their passwords at least once every 90 days. There is a delay in the password syncing with the LinkShare interface reporting. You need to wait at least one hour to run reports in the interface reporting system after changing your password or you can run reports in SynergyAnalytics.

Ranae

15 years and counting
    Ranae, LinkShare technology sucks. Tell your management to get real and do not oblige us to change our passwords every 90 days. There's no security reason for that. And, if your techs can't change a password in real time, it's time for them to change job.

So what's the real point of this 90 day password change??
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi All,
    The password change requires all users change their passwords at least once every 90 days. There is a delay in the password syncing with the LinkShare interface reporting. You need to wait at least one hour to run reports in the interface reporting system after changing your password or you can run reports in SynergyAnalytics.

Ranae
    I find it annoying, too, and wonder what's the real point of this 90 day password change. That and the log on nonsense aren't necessary for other networks. Does it mean that linkshare is not a secure site?

You need to wait at least one hour to run reports in the interface reporting system after changing your password or you can run reports in SynergyAnalytics.
    This is an absurd requirement. No online service does this and IMO this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Ranae, LinkShare technology sucks. Tell your management to get real and do not oblige us to change our passwords every 90 days. There's no security reason for that. And, if your techs can't change a password in real time, it's time for them to change job.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh...I have to laugh to keep from crying.

It's been months and months (and months) since I've checked stats there. I find it so frustrating to see the commissions I didn't get because the sale was beyond the cookie length.

So I tried to log in today and had to change my password. I hope I mange to remember that I added a one to the password I've used there forever when they finally let me log in and check.

I went to synergy analytics which they said I could right away, but when I tried to get some stats all I got was error messages.

I'm beginning to remember why I stopped actively promoting their merchants. I hope I remember to log in again before the next time I have to change my password and wait again.

This is all so stupid!
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    This is an absurd requirement. No online service does this and IMO this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

- Scott
    My computer will automatically remember passwords for me, but because of this change the wrong passwords are remembered!

I have a blank notepad devoted to affiliate passwords as they keep changing That's the only way I can remember the passwords.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    I have been forced to change my passward three times...used up all the ones I can remember and have to turn back to the first one...can't believe I have to play this stupid game with them.

Plus, everytime I log into my account, there is a "Legal Message" says: "We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated. "

I emailed linkshare and told them all my info are current, they said they were working on it and should be fine soon. But it has been several months, the "legal message" still hanging there on my first login page...

Linkshare's technicians really need to get their stuff together!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Am in the same situation now. What a foolish way to run things.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Hi All,

Ranae
    May I know why we should change our passwords every 90 days, and could not use any passwords which were used before? I heard that your system is hacked every 90 days, is this true?

CJ stabs you in the gut every once in a while, LS is death by a thousand paper-cuts.

I guess I would be a little more understanding if LS gave us an actual reason for this Password change every 90 days.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by best123
    They need to re-build their website from scratch. Mistakes happen, we learn and then build a newer, better, stronger system based on experience.
    Exactly...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Ron - the reason that LS forces password changes every 90 days is that some one in charge there has read in a 'magazine' that some of the ways to enforce security are to 'force' people to pick a new- incomprehensible password so often that they can only write it down. Also incorporate a chalenge word to add additional frustration - it is called 'management by reading magazines' in the IT trade - next they will require we all buy eyeball scanners...

Charles

An additional thought - why are they so worried about protecting MY account - there is no way I can hack into their accounts - they are all over in Switzerland, anyway.

Charles

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    they are all over in Switzerland, anyway.

So THAT'S where the commissions go!

Same here. BUT I've got other issues with Linkshare's interface and I don't use Linkshare much because of these reasons.

It's been more than a 1-1/2 years, and I've still not seen the 'real' login homepage. I have no idea what it looks like or what I'm missing. This is because I'm constantly confronted with a error when I login that something with my contact/company info is incorrect. I've tried everything to get this error to go away and I've contacted their help support three times. I won't waste anymore of my time with it. Their support told me to ignore it and it would eventually go away. That was over a 1-1/2 years ago.

Also, I am now presented (periodically - cannot determine any pattern to when it occurs) with a message about a bounced email address for one of the websites I've added to the account about 4 months ago. I've confirmed the email that was sent but their system by clicking on the link - obviously their system isn't working right. I suspect the reason I'm not making any sales through this website is because Linkshare has issues with their ability to receive my confirmed email.

It's completely frustrating and not worth my time any longer. I'm doing quite well with CJ though despite the non-sensical JS link issue, and its a real shame that Linkshare isn't as easy to use. To date I've yet to find a way to grab all the latest offers at once from my merchants at Linkshare. I don't like copy/pasting one link at a time and playing hide and go seek to see which merchants have added new offers since I last logged in.

If anyone knows how to fix any of these issues, pleeease, let me know.

ABW Ambassador
    "If anyone knows how to fix any of these issues, pleeease, let me know."

I had exactly same problem as I stated in my upper thread. It's been almost a year that my first login page shows that stupid long message. I don't know how to fix it but I did send them an email ask why and how, I remember their response is just ignore it and the message will go away...nobody explained why(guess nobody knows why). I don't feel like I want to waste my time on it. Yes, it really bothers me every time when I login and see that stupid message. But as long as I can go to my report, get links,...who cares what the real login page looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    I emailed linkshare and told them all my info are current, they said they were working on it and should be fine soon. But it has been several months, the "legal message" still hanging there on my first login page...
    LOL ... Sooo funny! I've been seening this exact same error message since I registered my Linkshare account in March 2005 and every time I've tried to contact someone from LS about it I've received the same silly response just like you did. Whatz up with the bogus form letter responses that totally waste our time?

Quote Originally Posted by micheck
    Ron - the reason that LS forces password changes every 90 days is that some one in charge there has read in a 'magazine' that some of the ways to enforce security are to 'force' people to pick a new- incomprehensible password so often that they can only write it down. Also incorporate a chalenge word to add additional frustration - it is called 'management by reading magazines' in the IT trade - next they will require we all buy eyeball scanners...

Charles
    LOL

They'll want to insert a RFID chip into our arm
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by ocs94
    To date I've yet to find a way to grab all the latest offers at once from my merchants at Linkshare. I don't like copy/pasting one link at a time and playing hide and go seek to see which merchants have added new offers since I last logged in.
    Have you tried using LS's newer tools such as Merchandiser or Link Locator? I believe they advertise it as a solution to the problem you're facing...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast