I'll be darned
    I thought I was having the worst month ever. But, I got to checking the merchants that I almost never check on because they are small indies that I don't expect much from. I'll be darned. The sales are there and I am having a great month, after all. The sales just aren't where I expected them to be.

I can live with this!

Unknown indies may be the way to go.

I'll be darned.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Ain't that a nice surprise!

With small indies that I don't do much with I check them twice a month for the periods of the 1st through 15th and 16th through the last day of the month. I'm still waiting for one of them to surprise me though.

Tell you what. It was a big relief to find out where all my sales really went. I was starting to worry a bit.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Congrats on your sales
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Ain't that a nice surprise!

With small indies that I don't do much with I check them twice a month for the periods of the 1st through 15th and 16th through the last day of the month. I'm still waiting for one of them to surprise me though.
    And what is the difference between a small indy and a small program joining SaS, for example... I mean why do you expect to earn better commission from the program which is in some network than from the indy? Commission depends on the program commission structure and the merchant's convertion rates, but not on whether it is indy or not...

Regards,
    Ann

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Commission depends on the program commission structure and the merchant's convertion rates, but not on whether it is indy or not...
    You're missing the point, Ann.

All the merchants, small or otherwise, are lumped together in my SAS stats so I check those each day because I usually have at least one sale through SAS. I don't expect to make a sale each day with each of my small indies therefore I only check them twice a month.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Congrats SSanf, We're still looking for your app in AvantLink Drop me a line should you decide to give our merchants a try, and I'll expedite you through. Gary M

SSanf - I am noticing the exact same thing. Some indy's I don't check for months and when I looked at them the other day I almost fell out of my chair.

I don't have many indy's but I think that by taking cj links off my sites it is giving the end user another place to go and they are buying or at least tracking
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    All the merchants, small or otherwise, are lumped together in my SAS stats so I check those each day because I usually have at least one sale through SAS. I don't expect to make a sale each day with each of my small indies therefore I only check them twice a month.
    I see the point now. I have never had any experience with networks, and did not know that all stats are lumped together there. Yes... sounds veru convenient...

Sincerely,

Ann

ABW Ambassador
    "Unknown indies may be the way to go."

Yes and finding good ones that convert for you and pay, nothing like it. There is plenty of affiliate marketing outside the networks, lots of indy merchants still untapped.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am finding the same to be true. The only network I am getting sales on is Linkshare, the rest all indies. One from a place I haven't had sales in over a year.

My big money maker this month is an indy...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some Indies skirt the stats checking issue by e-mailing you every sale made from your referral links.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I think most of the MYAP merchants do that, I like it.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread