ABW Ambassador
    Problem with "Get Product Links"
    Is anyone one else having problems with "Get Links". It is only occurring with the product links. If you try to change the (The Tracking code is for) to another websites it will not update and then shows an Invalid Syntax Error in the lower left corner of the browser window. This also happens if you try to (Select link to Open a new browser window), or any of the other options. Clicking Update HTML Button results in no changes.

I am having no problem with getting banners or text links, just the product links. Before I send a message off to CJ (I know "Good Luck") could someone check to see if they're having the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug

I am having no problem with getting banners or text links, just the product links. Before I send a message off to CJ (I know "Good Luck") could someone check to see if they're having the same issues.

Thanks in advance.
    In CJ I went to Get Links > Search Products >

I am not having a problem obtaining product links.

Did you try a general product search or were you specifying a search for a product from a particular merchant?

I am not having a problem now, but I have had similar problems in the past.
    Sometimes the problem can be due to a merchant updating the inventory feed.

You might wish to alert the merchant via CJ's internal mail -- I did that in the past in addition to filing a "general complaint" with CJ's "support ticket function."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Rhia7 for checking for me. It is with all my merchants. It doesn't matter if I choose Get Links by Relationship or a General Search. I get the same results whether I try searching for a particular product or whether I do a general search and go through that way.

Haven't been having any problems till yesterday. Perhaps something change with an update to my computer. I will try to narrow it down.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    Are you using Internet Explorer?

Thanks again!!
    I was happy to help (especially since I have encountered a similar problem in the past).

I did not encounter a problem and I tried obtaining the product links in a few general searches.

I use Firefox as a browser.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I just checked a couple merchants and am experiencing the same thing with at least 3 merchants. The update html for product links is not working when trying to change to another website id or to open in new window. There is no change in the code and the error on page icon appears in bottom corner. I use internet explorer. I've been on vacation and just getting back to work so I have no idea when this started.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks mellie for letting me know. I too just got back after being gone a week and encounter the same thing. I will contact CJ about this since it seems to be a problem on their end with IE.

I would advise you call them as their support department is weeks behind (at least for me).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks 7-days - With all the LMI stuff that is probably a good idea. I did submit an e-mail to CJ but a phone call may be the way to go.

I am having the same problem, Update HTML for product links does not work. I submitted a question on 8/13 and am still waiting on a response.

Argh.

I received a response today from cj. At least they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Thank you for outlining the steps for me. After following your directions, I did come to the same results you had. I did consult about this with other representatives here, and I found that there was a bug entered on Friday to have our engineers work on solving this problem. As of right now, we don't have a ETA as to when this will be resolved, but I can tell you that we are all now aware of this problem, and this is being worked on to have it resolved asap.

Thanks for the update Cathy. I somehow missed your posting the response from CJ til I searched for this post to answer another member.

It's frustrating that a bug like this gets little attention. Once they were aware of it, they should have rolled back whatever change they made that Friday. At this point, we can only hope it is fixed with the new implementation scheduled for 8/30.

ABW Ambassador
    It is frustrating - I got some response that didn't even apply to my question. I'm with you Cathy, I hope things will clear up with the August 30th changes. Not once in my e-mail to them did I even mention a problem with searching. Thought you could use a good laugh.

CJ's stupid response:
    The error that you're experiencing is attributed to the fact that the Advertiser houses so many products that you need to narrow your search. To do this please go to Get Links>By Relationship>View Links and on the top of the screen where it reads "Search" select "Products" within the drop down list. Within the "Search field adjacent to that area type in a specific product like "shirts" and click "Find" next to "Only this Advertiser". Performing this function as explained will serve to bring up the products under that specific search.

If you have any issues with navigating to this area please contact us directly or reply to this message.

Thumbs down
    I'm testing new links to products for one merchant and all of them lead to a generic page at the merchant. very close, but don't show the product.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread