Should I advertise my site on Myspace?
    I have been looking at myspace for sometime to advertise my website.

It is a halloween site and the demographics are dead on with what i need, but would this be a good use of my money?

It would be $3-4 CPM but that can add up real quick.

Hoping to get some advice here. Thanks
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Les[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL=http://www.spookshop.com]www.spookshop.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL=les@spookshop.com]les@spookshop.com[/EMAIL]

Our sister company, Technuity (Energizer), advertised on MySpace. They did a contest for people to make rap videos or something and the winner (voted by myspace users) go to go to miami to meet some rapper. It was what they considered a success and they surpassed their desired goals, but they spent like $300,000 with myspace.
    KK

I'd be interested in knowing how your spookshop ad works out on MySpace. My guess is it's a place that can generate young leads, but few sales. I have no direct experience with them though, just guessing.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I'm very curious to see results on that too. Please let us know what happens.

Thanks!

Affiliate Manager jai @ Expedia(SEO)'s Avatar
    i would say, if you are going to do an advert on Myspace, be sure to cover all your ad serving bases.

Like:

Creative:
    Several Custom ads and formats. If you can afford it, get a Flash or Rich Media creative do to their able to rotate multiple products as well as being able to track multiple events.

Use targeting:
    Make sure your ad is seen at the right times and at the right locations. Serve your ad from 6am to 10pm based on the person’s browser. Make sure the ads are served to countries who are your customers as in where you ship. Also, if you have offices, use geo-targeting with custom creates to get people in your area to visit you.

Tracking:
    Ask for time, location and User tracking to find out when and where are your customers so you can make better choices on your next campaign.

But I have to be honest, a 3-4dollar CPM sounds quite high. Think about who you are trying to target and find out where they hang out. Also, ring up a Doubleclick, 247realmedia, and Wrightmedia who do 90% of the Adserving for all the major sites in the world. They will be able to help you get the right price for serving ads not only on Myspace, but also others. They can also tell you what sites are looking for ads to serve as remnant advertising at VERY cheap rates.

Let me know if you need help

Jai

Thanks for the info, I have contacted a couple of those companies and will see where that leads
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Les[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL=http://www.spookshop.com]www.spookshop.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL=les@spookshop.com]les@spookshop.com[/EMAIL]

ABW Ambassador
    Instead of buying an ad on myspace, have you thought of trying to organically use myspace? Create a profile. Show off your cool costumes. Find other profiles dealing with costumers/cosplay. Talk with them, see if they will be your friend (that sounds silly but it is their terminology). This way you can build something lasting instead of a quick shot banner run.

Of course, when you do it, do it respectfully. Actually take sometime and get involved, don't just come in as a company marketing its products. You want to market the experience and your company just helps people get there.

In the other thread on myspace this is what i was talking about. Banner ads = marketing that lasts 10 seconds. A Quality profile = marketing that lasts years.

Normally this kind of thing only works well with people who love what they sell, are involved in it and really understand it and the market. If that describes you, give it a try.

Chet

try payperpost.com might want to get bloggers to post about your site

$3 to $4 CPM is way too high (IMO) for advertising on Myspace. In my experience with selling ad space on a social networking site, CTRs of better than 0.25% (2.5 clicks per 1000) were above average for targeted banner ads. At $3 to $4 CPM you're looking at over $1 a click...

Shoot for $.25 to $.50 CPMs if you can find them. You might look at some of the smaller community sites for better rates.

Using Myspace like chetf mentions might work though. Create a Halloween group and build community around the topic and invite people to join. Keep the marketing secondary to the community and you might do pretty well.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I'd go along with waht Chet suggested as well, though it may turn out to be a lot of work for little return.

As far as paid advertising goes, my first question to myself would be "What percentage of MySpace users is even old enough to have a credit card?".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread