Unhappy Paid Inclusion for Yahoo?
    Hello all,

Im a newbe by the way. I have a question, if I pay for inclusion into yahoo does my site get spidered more often? What little I do have indexed on yahoo gives me some good placement. "Hand-carved Bone Serving Place Setting (Kenya)" I was ranked 23rd with that string(not great but a start). Any advice on how I could get more pages indexed!

thanks

The Masternerd
    http://masternerd.com

it is a waste of money 100% waste of money
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    What nyfalcon said. I remember when this first came out, crazy. You pay an annual fee per url PLUS you pay per click. When you just need to get some links in to get indexed for free.

Old thread about it when it first came out:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Yahoo

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    When I was doing Affiliate marketing full-time for work, I paid for inclusion in the Yahoo! directory for a very well placed (in Google) site. All was good at first (Yahoo! gave the site more attention), but then tons of scrapers syndicated the category I paid to be in ..and my site ended up with thousands of new, useless backlinks in just a week or so.

Shortly after, all my Google SERPs dropped off the face of the earth. This was a couple of years ago so I don't know if things have changed or not, but I always thought (and still do to this day).. that all those new, useless backlinks from joke scraper sites earned me a ding in Google (too many backlinks too quick). Wasn't worth hurting my Google SERPs for more love from Yahoo!

Just thought I'd share an experience I had..

Arrow thanks for the info
    Yeah I think that is still the case. Im alittle wiser now and I have to admit I was a Scrapper at one point. But now Im trying to go the more honest route. thanks for the advice by the way.

ABW Ambassador
    This inclusion I was talking about is for the natural SERPS. Directory is a different kind of paid inclusion. Is that the one you were asking about?

Sure is
    Yeah I kinda get the point not really worth the money.

ABW Ambassador
    It's worth it for BIG, BIG sites that can't be normally crawled. They can submit by feeds and if they've got the branding and deep pockets and are considered an "authority site" they've got it made.

For the small guy, nope.

Ok is there a google sandbox?
    Ive been on an pretty intense linking campaign, but no links on google. Im coming up on 6months is it true is there a sandbox? Or are my links not good enough for google? Ive submitted to some of the top directories and I also have some pretty relavent links to my site.

Google doesn't show all links in to your site on link: command even though they may be counting or know about links into your site. I've had some sites "sandboxed" and some sites hit the road running and indexed and showing within a week or so.

I think if you acquire to many links quickly in on a new site (more than hundreds) they will sandbox those links in...Just my opinion.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Arrow thanks
    As I read more there is also an issue with dynamic content my url's are filled with ? and = and query strings Im trying to learn how to configure my mod_rewrite in Apache to replace the ? and = with / to make it look like a directory. Google dosnt like dynamic content. Any suggestions Im at a loss agian. I guess I need to do more research.

If you are concerned about google spiders urls here's a link to a bunch of videos matt cutts did(google engineer): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...tt+cutts&hl=en

He gives a bunch of information that are his personal take on what google wants... One of the videos he talks specifically about url query strings. I found some of it useful.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread